Drew C.

Vise - What do you use?

Rate this topic

68 posts in this topic

I tie on a DynaKing Barracuda.  I rarely tie anything smaller than a Size 2, and I literally have never tied anything smaller than a size 6.  I have a Renzetti Traveller - I never want to use it.  

On 11/7/2021 at 8:16 PM, xp800 said:

I tie on a older regal some day I’ll upgrade to a regal revolution..

2DA29827-D2E4-43A0-9F91-BF1F673B3D74.jpeg

I have the Regal Revolution ( big game ) as I fish both fresh & salt the jaws holds every size I can tye , 2/0 - 20 very well. That is a  very nice desk you have there  

On 11/7/2021 at 8:16 PM, xp800 said:

I tie on a older regal some day I’ll upgrade to a regal revolution..

2DA29827-D2E4-43A0-9F91-BF1F673B3D74.jpeg

That is a very nice set up. You are super neat, I tie in my work shed hair, dust, powder paint, fluid bed, toaster oven, tools on an old desk. Mostly jigs and mo Jo's 

I use a PEAK rotary.

Will probably switch to a Renzetti Clouser soon with the in-line rotary arm...I have severe arthrosis in my hands and I think it will help with material placement...

I would be in the market for a used vice with jaws to handle salt water sized hooks only. It would only ever be used for tying some bucktails. Rotary would be nice, but I could always resort to getting an old pair of vice grips welded to a post and plate too...

2 hours ago, Hammerheadman said:

That is a very nice set up. You are super neat, I tie in my work shed hair, dust, powder paint, fluid bed, toaster oven, tools on an old desk. Mostly jigs and mo Jo's 

Hahaha it’s normally not that clean..

On 6/30/2021 at 11:42 PM, flyrodder44 said:

I "ditto" Hilltop's comments.  Love the thing.  

DAQ, I have the same progression with the BSA vise (bought in 1955 at Camp Wauwepex, then couple of those Sunrises, then Stonfo.  The last will outlast me at 77yo.  But my estate will have to deal with the collection of others. :point:

Been to Wauwepex 1 time on an overnight hike from Baiting Hollow. Loved Baiting Hollow.