Kings over Queens

Should banks and landlords waive interest and rent?

Rate this topic

42 posts in this topic

Should banks be forced to waive the interest they would have earned on loans that were suspended during covid?  Same with rents?  Should landlords be forced to waive rental income they would have earned during covid had rent payments been suspended?

Were landlords allowed to forgo all repairs, and were all their bills forgiven during the pandemic? If the answer to either of these is a no, there yo go. Same with banks. Were they allowed to stop paying interest on deposits during the pandemic? If no,……

19 mins ago, Kings over Queens said:

Should banks be forced to waive the interest they would have earned on loans that were suspended during covid?  Same with rents?  Should landlords be forced to waive rental income they would have earned during covid had rent payments been suspended?

Interest maybe, rent no but to demand all the back-rent in one lump sum, especially after it was the government who put so many out of work is just plain wrong and shouldn’t be allowed.  

28 mins ago, Cayotica said:

Interest maybe, rent no

If a bank is forced to waive interest why should the landlord be allowed to collect rent to pay his mortgage?

Why interest maybe rent no?

1 min ago, Kings over Queens said:

If a bank is forced to waive interest why should the landlord be allowed to collect rent to pay his mortgage?

Why interest maybe rent no?

Because “There ain’t no such thing as a free lunch”!

4 mins ago, Cayotica said:

Because “There ain’t no such thing as a free lunch”!

Why one not the other?  Why hurt lenders by maybe forcing them to waive interest they are contractually entitled to earn?

1 min ago, occidentalist said:

GMZfNQOo.jpeg.dbdd7505db06ae0e7c710270cf7d9137.jpeg

You guys crack me up.

Overdraft fees, huh? So that looks like a lot of people were buying chit with money they didn’t have. Who’s fault is that?

Posted (edited) · Report post

6 mins ago, occidentalist said:

GMZfNQOo.jpeg.dbdd7505db06ae0e7c710270cf7d9137.jpeg

You guys crack me up.

I dont believe this to be true.  Certainly not true of NY banks, as an example.

Edited by Kings over Queens

1 min ago, bassackward said:

Overdraft fees, huh? So that looks like a lot of people were buying chit with money they didn’t have. Who’s fault is that?

Hey, I totally agree.

Let's expand.

Whose fault it's it that someone can't pay rent? Especially with the government paying people more to stay unemployed. 

Waive interest? Like credit cards? Another case of people buying chit they can't afford. 

2 mins ago, Kings over Queens said:

I dont believe this to be true.

Let’s assume it is though. If you have $15 in your account, you use your debit card to buy $20 worth of whatever, and the bank hits you with a $35 overdraft fee, seems like a stupid move on your part, and no fault of the bank. You either know what’s in your account, or you disable overdraft protection, or whatever it’s called, so transactions are denied if you don’t have enough.