BrianBM

Yeti Coolers

Rate this topic

373 posts in this topic

So my Igloo consumer-grade 48 qt. cooler has finally disintegrated beyond my patience. I don't need more on most party boats, my fish are usually coming home as fillets anyhow. I bought a 45 qt. Yeti.

With tax (NYS) it was $325. It's a lot heavier, which is fine - the old Igloo has AFAIK no insulation in the lid. If the thing has a greatly superior ability to retain cold, I'll be content.

Yeti owners, what say you? Are they worth the price jump?

5 mins ago, BrianBM said:

So my Igloo consumer-grade 48 qt. cooler has finally disintegrated beyond my patience. I don't need more on most party boats, my fish are usually coming home as fillets anyhow. I bought a 45 qt. Yeti.

With tax (NYS) it was $325. It's a lot heavier, which is fine - the old Igloo has AFAIK no insulation in the lid. If the thing has a greatly superior ability to retain cold, I'll be content.

Yeti owners, what say you? Are they worth the price jump?

IMO, no. There are other similar (similar to Yeti construction) that are just as good at a fraction of the cost.

.... such as?  my 68 qt. is also falling apart.

Hey, even if overpriced, the Yeti is made here. Support overpaid American workers!

Don't forget to fill out and mail in the official Yeti Brotherhood membership application so you can bond with your fellow Yeti homies...

5 mins ago, BrianBM said:

.... such as?  my 68 qt. is also falling apart.

Hey, even if overpriced, the Yeti is made here. Support overpaid American workers!

RTIC

5 mins ago, oax said:

Don't forget to fill out and mail in the official Yeti Brotherhood membership application so you can bond with your fellow Yeti homies...

You spelled homos wrong. 

Get a salt life sticker for that bad boy.