striperblues

Rod warranty

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Sent two Loomis Pro Green rods in , each had a completely broken off guide along with a discontinued short stix  Fly rod that is one of my favorites with a broken tip top section 

Not only did they have all three rods back within two weeks of me mailing them but the total cost was $37

amazing service and turn around time 

Never understood why guys who are serious about fishing buy any rod that doesn't have this type of customer service.  I had the same experience with my St Croix Rods. Buy/Pay once and you'll never regret it.

Nice to see Loomis takes their customer service seriously. That's part of why I fish St. Croix rods, they always pick up the phone and I've had 100% excellent service from them.

4 hours ago, wantofish said:

Never understood why guys who are serious about fishing buy any rod that doesn't have this type of customer service.  I had the same experience with my St Croix Rods. Buy/Pay once and you'll never regret it.

Agreed - one of the primary reasons as to why a good majority of my rods are St Croix. 

2 hours ago, Water Dog said:

GLoomis has always been good to me for warranty issues.

For some reason never liked their rods. Not sure why but never kept one I’ve bought. Good to know about the warranty. 

10 mins ago, Pat_RI said:

For some reason never liked their rods. Not sure why but never kept one I’ve bought. Good to know about the warranty. 

I only have their fly rods…. Some from before they were sold to Shimano.

Just a tip,Daiwa,Shimano,St croix etc have great warranties but they want a pop.

That means an original receipt in most cases,even when you register a rod or reel.

Have you noticed that most cash register receipts are printed on light paper with Disappearing Ink!
I mean literarily  “Disappearing ink” lol

copy or take a pik of your receipt before it fades away.

my 02 cents:howdy:

18 mins ago, olvart said:

Just a tip,Daiwa,Shimano,St croix etc have great warranties but they want a pop.

That means an original receipt in most cases,even when you register a rod or reel.

Have you noticed that most cash register receipts are printed on light paper with Disappearing Ink!

take a selfie with the salesman holding the receipt :point:

7 hours ago, sandworm said:

Here is some truth : I had no proof of purchase on any of the rods , I registered them the day I mailed them and made up dates of purchase. No problems at all. They are all in my garage fixed and ready to fish 

9 hours ago, olvart said:

St. Croix's warranty is transferable, at least with their higher end rods. Really, I can't say enough good things about them or their rods. I've pounded the sh-t out of them, broke a few and for the cost of shipping, they sorted me out, usually within a week/no fuss/no questions asked.