Sudsy

Link to NJ Statute - Violation to interfere with lawful taking of game

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Thanks. The link put me to a site where I was able find the laws on interfering with a legal hunt here in PA. As I hunt legally in suburban/urban areas close to Philly, I have the all to frequent problem of equipment being stolen and/or damaged.  thanks again.

So who is right and who is wrong? Do the towns laws/beach rules supersede this? My understanding was no. Ran into an issue with lifeguard today at ortley beach. I was told I can not fish even in the non swimming section. Makes no sense to me. 

That's a really interesting point

I'm going to hand this off to a lawyer who might be able to clarify it

On 7/18/2021 at 7:25 PM, Mallard1100 said:

Ran into an issue with lifeguard today at ortley beach. I was told I can not fish even in the non swimming section. 

Same happened to me, but I respectfully told her I was allowed to fish.

She said she would get her boss I said OK.

One of the unarmed summer police officers showed up instead. Older guy, nice guy.

We debated. A few times his temper started flairing.

I asked him to show me the written rule, or ordinance or law that saws I couldn't fish there. He couldn't really. He had a list of things he could give tickets for.

I showed him the Public Trust Docterine on my phone. He said he was familiar, would write me up for failing to follow the instructions of a lifegaurd and no beach tag! 

He asked me what I thought the judge would say?

I mentioned if I had more time I would continue to debate and take the tickets. 

I mentioned it was a civil rights violation and I would probably win in court!

I looked him in the eye and told him I back the blue.  And he could always count on me. He said thanks :)

We shook hands and went our separate ways.

*not Ortley

*it was next to a pier, there was no swimming area to my left. Flags to my right and no swimmers yet.

Towns have to lean to county laws, county has to lean toward state laws, State laws have to lean towards federal laws, At least thats the way it was . Now who knows.

From NJDEP:

Surf ~ The ocean shoreline. During the summer months, fisherman may be required to obtain a beach badge, and surf fishing may only be allowed during non-guarded hours or in areas outside the bathing area depending on the town.

Had a Karen harass us 3/4 times this summer ending when she called two summer cops to the beech …the cops said continue to fish in the fishing area and she will have to walk to the purple flags to swim ….at the surfing beech …cops told us don’t get in a confrontation with the blue rinse Karen ….of course she said we got OUR beech back the Tuesday after Labor Day …lol lol lol rd1 

Posted (edited) · Report post

This is nothing new.....was attending a business dinner with a couple who were my wife's clients at the time....during the course of the conversation, her husband made mention that since there was a prominent trout stream running through his newly acquired property, he thought of taking up fishing...his wife asks me if I fish and I smiled...she says..."Well he's not gonna fish, I want No Mayhem on my property"...couldn't believe my ears.....they're out there folks.....Mayham she says....Geeezzz.

Edited by Mr. Bigdeal