canary

SPHEROS SW-A released!

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Exclusive!, on the day of the latest sunset, the SPHEROS SW-A is here!!!, and 14k&18k added, but HG?!.

BOOM!....If you were thinking of a Saragosa you are interested in this, it will surely be the best value.

sphswa.jpg

You really should wait till there are concrete details on it. It could be crap. Pot metal gears like the JDM spheros. 

Just chill and see what happens.

Official!,20 July. The Shimano SPHEROS SW-A comes with 7 models and with the expected FAST ratios as A.H. said, like Saragosa...(the bad if you need 6k pg: new in JDM or old model).

spheros sw-a 2021.png

Looks like a saragosa SWA for 60% the price, minus bottom drag stack maybe a couple bearings. I'm pumped. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

That’s what they said about the last series. I got a Spheros and couldn’t believe how many few inches it took with each reel turn. Totally different than anything over felt. But, I suppose if this series is faster what you say above is correct. Remember to check your drag stack. I didn’t and I have never heard my drag clicker make a peep since i purchased it a few season ago. That said I guess it can withstand the sand and is fairly smooth and hasn’t freezes up on me( old one) rant over. Can’t you tell I had a peach of a day?

Edited by jeffapeikin

On 6/27/2021 at 3:58 PM, RedGreen said:

You really should wait till there are concrete details on it. It could be crap. Pot metal gears like the JDM spheros. 

Just chill and see what happens.

I emailed Alan Hawk about the pot metal gears on my JDM. He said I have nothing to worry about. 

2 hours ago, ecks said:

I emailed Alan Hawk about the pot metal gears on my JDM. He said I have nothing to worry about. 

Zinc vs cold forged aluminum. Hmm. Seems an easy choice to me.

I wouldn't buy a bg. It wouldn't last for me, and there's better cheaper choices for light gear for catching bait and small fish.

I know it’s early days on this reel,but if it has the Hagane  aluminum forged gears at this price it’s smoking deal!

where is scooby when you need him?
Who is going to replace his tear downs?

Hawk will eventually get into this reel in the larger sizes but there is a serious void now that scooby joined the dark side.

38 mins ago, gman1253 said:

any update o the gears? Anyone ?

It has the same gear as the Gosa SWA (6000HG) C F Al….

BAB4C6DF-E7FA-48EE-AD89-60465993D437.jpeg

F37D3002-2548-4361-ACF3-35D0EE3C1240.jpeg