blazingLion

WTB 12'-13' surf rod

35 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Tagman said:

Sure! Here are a few pics. The rod will throw 8&bait easily. It throws 10&bait just easily. It’s really nice. You won’t  be disappointed with condition.

Looks good, I may end up going with this one. The other person with the cts has yet to provide me with the information that I asked about. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

10 hours ago, striper79 said:

8 guides pic of measurement 

Thanks. What is the power rating? There are a few models in that same size, It's very hard to find information about this rod.

Is it the ctsse1363/ctsse1364/ctsse1365? 

Edited by blazingLion
Added model numbers

10 hours ago, Espresso said:

I have a 12' Tiralejo in great condition if you're interested.  Model# TRC120H2.  Has lifetime warranty.  $235 shipped.

I was actually looking at this one but I could only find it in MH power. I take it this model is no longer produced. l see their lifetime warranty means nothing if you don't have proof of purchase, do you have that? Also, where are you located?

I bought it from a member on here a few years ago and I have cash 10 Oz and a chunk of bunker  there is no other writer on the rod  

7 mins ago, blazingLion said:

I was actually looking at this one but I could only find it in MH power. I take it this model is no longer produced. l see their lifetime warranty means nothing if you don't have proof of purchase, do you have that? Also, where are you located?

This is the previous gen with adjustable reel seat so you can dial it in to your liking.  I have no experience with Shimano warranty but have read they are fairly good with issues.  You can take it to any Shimano retailer for over the counter warranty issues.  It’s a very stout rod/blank for big fish.  I’ve only used it half a dozen times if I’m fishing the ocean surf and need to 8-10oz to hold bottom.  I’m in Virginia so it would have to be shipped.

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 hours ago, striper79 said:

I bought it from a member on here a few years ago and I have cash 10 Oz and a chunk of bunker  there is no other writer on the rod  

Oh ok then the only way of knowing if it is heavy power rating is if you can tell me what the tip size is  and butt diameter using a micrometer. 

Do you know who the other member is? Maybe I can contact them.

Edited by blazingLion

2 hours ago, Espresso said:

This is the previous gen with adjustable reel seat so you can dial it in to your liking.  I have no experience with Shimano warranty but have read they are fairly good with issues.  You can take it to any Shimano retailer for over the counter warranty issues.  It’s a very stout rod/blank for big fish.  I’ve only used it half a dozen times if I’m fishing the ocean surf and need to 8-10oz to hold bottom.  I’m in Virginia so it would have to be shipped.

Gotcha. Where in VA you located? I have family there and would prefer to have the rod seen in person.

56 mins ago, blazingLion said:

Oh ok then the only way of knowing if it is heavy power rating is if you can tell me what the tip size is  and butt diameter using a micrometer. 

Do you know who the other member is? Maybe I can contact them.

Fish bucket the same guy who offered you the century I will measure it tonight 

3 hours ago, blazingLion said:

Gotcha. Where in VA you located? I have family there and would prefer to have the rod seen in person.

Sent you my location.  If you have family near me they’re welcome to check it out in person.  It’s in great condition.  Very little use since I don’t make it to the ocean often enough to use it.  I fish the Chesapeake Bay and it’s too stout for anything there.

11 hours ago, striper79 said:

I was able to measure the rod with a caliper  it's either the ctsse 1364 or ctsse1365

Ok, so I believe the butt diameter is checked around the blank, not around the butt cap or wrapping. And the rod tip is what size the ring guide is, not the diameter of the rod tip. 

13 mins ago, blazingLion said:

Ok, so I believe the butt diameter is checked around the blank, not around the butt cap or wrapping. And the rod tip is what size the ring guide is, not the diameter of the rod tip. 

I will take it to a tackle store and get the tip  size check  that the only way I can measure the butt