BrianBM

Sunrise Highway

Rate this topic

33 posts in this topic

I drove out east yesterday to catch a morning half-day ride on the Shinnecock Star, and almost missed the boat because of an unbelieveable traffic jam on Sunrise that started well short of the Hampton Bays exit. Is there construction up ahead, or is that the new Sunrise normal? I didn't expect this on a Wednesday at 6:00 a.m.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BrianBM said:

I drove out east yesterday to catch a morning half-day ride on the Shinnecock Star, and almost missed the boat because of an unbelieveable traffic jam on Sunrise that started well short of the Hampton Bays exit. Is there construction up ahead, or is that the new Sunrise normal? I didn't expect this on a Wednesday at 6:00 a.m.

Thats the Labor crews headed to cut lawns and do construction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its been that way for as long as I can remember.

Typical Trade Train going east.

Sunrise funnels down to a slow single country lane thru all the local villages with speed limits below 30mph.

One accident and its a disaster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GarbageFish said:

it took me 6 hours to get to Montauk from mastic on a Saturday.... absolutely ridiculous.

:laugh: Hardcore, after 2 hr. I would said ah fook it, turn around to buy some alcohol and meat before heading home.  Did you at least get a few 30lber for the effort?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trade parade from UTI ( up the Island)  , eastbound from 5:00 AM and west from 3:30 PM .  Thank God we commute from North Sea to Southampton Village and cross the highway north to south. It's a monkey fck for anyone coming from the west.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's why I rarely fish Montauk.

 

Too much of a hassle getting in and out.  Driving through the villages at the end of the day isn't much better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our government is doing a shameful job of fixing our infrastructure-local and across the country-they should have to pay for auto repairs due to their neglect-give our money to countries that do not have our back-the USA-is the joke of the world-so many things that are not right-too much to list--rreelman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rreelman said:

Our government is doing a shameful job of fixing our infrastructure-local and across the country-they should have to pay for auto repairs due to their neglect-give our money to countries that do not have our back-the USA-is the joke of the world-so many things that are not right-too much to list--rreelman

In the meantime, our lovely duchebag, scam artist, elderly killer, women harassing, king want be, coumo, is thinking where to build another monument or park with his name on it to preserve  his "legacy"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2021 at 2:20 PM, GarbageFish said:

it took me 6 hours to get to Montauk from mastic on a Saturday.... absolutely ridiculous.

That’s insane … sorry to hear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

While it seems ridiculous with the mileage difference, sometimes it’s worth taking the LIE to NY-24 if you’re going to fish the Hampton Bays area. If you’re going further east, no way around it this time of year.

Edited by C.Robin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Stripedbass50lbs said:

Don't forget All those Pot Holes. Sunrise and The Expressway are disaster Areas. Hey Pak, how are you doing??

 

All good here , thanks!! Lotsa work , spare time on the boat and in the water.  Couple good early season weaks before the boat went in. You?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.