Ironworker

Bristol Rhode Island

Rate this topic

35 posts in this topic

I had to switch my annual trip to Block Island, we will be staying in Bristol instead, are there fish in the harbor and can someone direct me in the general direction of some public accessible fishing areas, conventional rod and reel and will be trying out my new two handed fly rod.

The Channel   going into the Kickamuit river .there is parking  &  unless the water is too warm   a descent chance for schoolies .. evening/night fishing ><

If you have a wetsuit maybe you can get out far enough to the bluefin tuna that are supposed to be “nearby”. 

:) just kidding obviously. Wishful thinking! :) 

You’re probably gonna have to mix it up in terms of fishing local and making runs down to Aquidneck or Jamestown  islands and fishing out front….

56 mins ago, Ironworker said:

I forgot to mention the dates, July 19-23, will there be Bonito around.

There were last year. I haven’t really fished, but it seems like the smaller stuff they feed on hasn’t arrived yet. Hopefully it will on the backside of this moon or on the next moon. You’d have to go out front to get into them. Look for bluefish on the feed and maybe you’ll get lucky. 

On 6/22/2021 at 8:29 AM, Ironworker said:

I had to switch my annual trip to Block Island, we will be staying in Bristol instead, are there fish in the harbor and can someone direct me in the general direction of some public accessible fishing areas, conventional rod and reel and will be trying out my new two handed fly rod.

If you're fly fishing just send me a PM. If conventional (does that mean surf spinning gear?) I'll provide a few clues.

6 hours ago, Ironworker said:

I forgot to mention the dates, July 19-23, will there be Bonito around.

Quite Possibly .. but you'll need access to a boat. I would predict small Bluefish ruling the bay that time of summer.