Shoulder surgery

Rate this topic

IsmailG

18 mins ago, Lagerhead said:

I told you!

Didn’t bother to reread the entire thread

The rocket launcher is not for now, it’s for the future, knees and hips. Sounds like he’s well on the way to invalid status :laugh:

If you are ugly you are ugly. Stop talking about inner beauty because we don't walk around with X-rays. ---   Robert Mugabe

11 mins ago, Shaky said:

The rocket launcher is not for now, it’s for the future, knees and hips. Sounds like he’s well on the way to invalid status :laugh:

Know worries Shake. My BIL got the launcher after his shoulder surgery and said it was a godsend.

I love when we make way past the breakwater at first light and head out, there's nothing better, the whole rest of the world just melts away for me.

(*edited - member formerly known as 'windknot')

11 mins ago, Shaky said:

Pop Smith used to have one in the hunting cabin when he got old. I used it all the time. :D 

A neighbor had one of those stair chairs. I was in her house just about the time she was moving out, riding up and down til she yelled at me to get off it. :laugh: 

You know it must be a penguin bound down if you hear that terrible screaming and there ain't no other birds around. 

Seven knee surgeries, including 3 ACL reconstructions, elbow surgery, and a rotator cuff in 2014. Five surgical holes after they scraped out the scar tissue and repaired the cuff. First month, it was range of motion stuff, then bands, and not strengthening until the 3rd month.

Shaving, brushing teeth, and a** wiping left handed is fun. They told me to not screw it up because there would be less cuff to re-attach if I tore it again. I can only last about an hour at CC Canal, because I can't cast as far and as long as I used to. I end up going to a bridge on the south shore where I can drift chunks without casting too far.

Don't try to do too much too soon. Good luck, but you have to give shoulders time vs. strengthening right away that you can do with knees.

8 mins ago, bumknee said:

and a** wiping left handed is fun.

I've wiped my ass with my left hand my entire life. Only one of two things I can do left handed. 

You know it must be a penguin bound down if you hear that terrible screaming and there ain't no other birds around. 

8 hours ago, bumknee said:

Seven knee surgeries, including 3 ACL reconstructions, elbow surgery, and a rotator cuff in 2014. Five surgical holes after they scraped out the scar tissue and repaired the cuff. First month, it was range of motion stuff, then bands, and not strengthening until the 3rd month.

Shaving, brushing teeth, and a** wiping left handed is fun. They told me to not screw it up because there would be less cuff to re-attach if I tore it again. I can only last about an hour at CC Canal, because I can't cast as far and as long as I used to. I end up going to a bridge on the south shore where I can drift chunks without casting too far.

Don't try to do too much too soon. Good luck, but you have to give shoulders time vs. strengthening right away that you can do with knees.

I feel all of that. I'm  know the road to recovery is a long one I'm not rushing, but it does suck.

I did mobility test, x ray and mri.  Dr thinks if I take it easy, it may not need surgery, he did offer a corizon shot.  After reading your story and others, I will opt out of surgery.  What worries me is certain exercises and motions cause my shoulder to pop, which is a bit concerning.

I hope you heal up quickly.  Maybe this video will make you feel better, how we bench at my gym.

https://youtube.com/shorts/pMUPfKcCBP8?feature=share

Edited by ferret