surfcast

Yum Dinger vs Senko

32 posts in this topic

I don't use either much was told from a pro fisherman, the yum dinger is useless, were the Senko is a go-to bait. 

I did not question why he said that, does anyone have a good history using either? Or could it be superstition.   

31 mins ago, surfcast said:

I don't use either much was told from a pro fisherman, the yum dinger is useless, were the Senko is a go-to bait. 

I did not question why he said that, does anyone have a good history using either? Or could it be superstition.   

I'm certainly not any kind of bass expert, but in my area lakes and ponds; if you can't grab a bite on a wacky rigged Senko you are going home.  Problem with them is that they are super fragile, and that gets costly.

If size, shape and color are equal they fish about equal.  Both make a wide variety of soft plastics so brand does not matter as much as what it is.

For a standard stick bait a good old yum dinger is hard to beat.  I am partial to the yammy swim senkos which only they make

I prefer the dinger for the 4in and smaller, but the larger ones the senko has much better action on the fall. But like @chisler said, they are super fragile and costly, so I find myself fishing the dinger more anyway...

Also, BPS makes a mini stickbait. Can't remember the exact name but the purple over pink 3in tournament pro stickbait they make is killlllllller for finicky summer bass. Just wacky rig that bad boy and go to town.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Senko sinks faster due to higher salt content. Also dingers are WAY more durable. 

FYI the BPS "tournament" stick baits are a great combination of the two for cheap. Heavy salt and super durable. 

Edited by ThrowinPlugs

5 hours ago, ThrowinPlugs said:

Senko sinks faster due to higher salt content. Also dingers are WAY more durable. 

FYI the BPS "tournament" stick baits are a great combination of the two for cheap. Heavy salt and super durable. 

Yes, just got 4- 36 pc. packs for $6.50, tho none in  white or purple. Been using them for a few yrs now

3 mins ago, richie c said:

Yes, just got 4- 36 pc. packs for $6.50, tho none in  white or purple. Been using them for a few yrs now

Just started using them this season as I bought them during a random road trip in the blue/green (yum calls it Bama Magic) and they work awesome. Had multiple fish on them with no damage.

Haven't tried Yum Dingers. Thinking all stick baits might be the same, I picked up some Big Bite Baits out of a bargain bin. Look just like senkos.  It may have been some other variable, but my perception was they didn't work as well as senkos. 

Regarding soft plastic “stick baits”, I’m gonna let this right here...

ZMan ZinkerZ

Or one better yet, Bang StickZ.....

Edited by Inshore

Hard to beat Senkos, but i use the Dinger too. I like texas rigging Dingers under a bobber stop and 3/16 oz weight, and pitching around docks. You have to develop patience with this style of fishing, as most hits are light and more like dead weight when you pick up slack.
As stated above the Bang Stickz are another great option and last way longer than either of the above.

Edited by Mack26

25 mins ago, surfcast said:

Good stuff happy I posted this. What size/style  hook to use on the 4 inch / 5 inch ?

For Texas rigged I use a 4/0 worm hook. For wacky, a Gamakatsu 2/0 finesse wide gap and I buy rubber o-rings that I put on the middle of the worm and put the hook through the ring.