blazingLion

Surf casting rod recommendation

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

On 6/25/2021 at 11:24 AM, rkw said:

house brand for Bass Pro Shops.  I have the 12' MH conventional and so far it handles up to 8oz in my football field testing.  It's rated for much more but the 8oz felt like it was enough for a nice smooth cast.  At 6oz I can easily put a lot of ummph into it and not feel like it's overloaded. 

I have the same rod on the West Coast.....  Paired with a p440f Newell it has caught plenty of rays and sharks... It gets my :th:...

Butch

1 hour ago, Midnightpass said:

I have the same rod on the West Coast.....  Paired with a p440f Newell it has caught plenty of rays and sharks... It gets my :th:...

Butch

Thanks, you seen any for sale over there? 

7 hours ago, hunter123 said:

I'll second any of the Penn Battalion rods. There good buys for the money. I use a  BTL conventional 12' I think 10 or 12 once max, it cast great, I use it with a Penn 990 mag for sharks, and it's my go to red drum rod. It's a 8 n bait.

This one seems like a great budget rod. Thanks. 

carolina cast pro      nice moderate rod thats easy to load and easy on your shoulders.  makes other rods feel like broomsticks.  

18 hours ago, bronson said:

carolina cast pro      nice moderate rod thats easy to load and easy on your shoulders.  makes other rods feel like broomsticks.  

Thanks, don't know much about them but I am already looking at a gen 1 for sale locally. Is there much a difference where I am better off with a gen 2?

4 hours ago, blazingLion said:

Thanks, don't know much about them but I am already looking at a gen 1 for sale locally. Is there much a difference where I am better off with a gen 2?

Look at the cop site   Some gen 1 rods on sale a while back. I haven’t seen the gen 2 yet in life 

22 hours ago, blazingLion said:

Thanks, you seen any for sale over there? 

All I see is what is up on BPS site or Cabela's (The same thing)... Maybe try one of the bidding sites or your local CL or Offer up..

Butch