codfish

Blue fin tuna from 20-400 Lbs have arrived

Rate this topic

254 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Sailah said:

Heading out of Newport for the claw tomorrow at 0400.  Any hot tips?  First time for us on buddies boat.  Have trolling spread, popping and jigging outfits ready.  Thx

Yes be careful and watch the weather "Newport weather" .SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH MONDAY EVENING...

Tonight
SW winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
Mon
SW winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
Mon Night
SW winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
Tue
SW winds around 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft.
Tue Night And Wed
SW winds 15 to 20 kt. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
Wed Night
SW winds 15 to 20 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft. A chance of showers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, codfish said:

Yes be careful and watch the weather "Newport weather" .SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH MONDAY EVENING...

Tonight
SW winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
Mon
SW winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
Mon Night
SW winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 25 kt. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
Tue
SW winds around 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft.
Tue Night And Wed
SW winds 15 to 20 kt. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
Wed Night
SW winds 15 to 20 kt. Seas 3 to 5 ft. A chance of showers.

Just received a call from Block Island "Codfish my friends boat went down last night, prayers" be careful out there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sporty out there but we did well.  Great times.  All juveniles but we caught some on spin outfits which was a thrill.  Had about as many as you wanted to real in.  Kids got to fight some on spin.

 

Small one we released.

 

IMG_4148.jpg.dac7ca84bebe5ea4536328d95e5ec759.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Sailah said:

Sporty out there but we did well.  Great times.  All juveniles but we caught some on spin outfits which was a thrill.  Had about as many as you wanted to real in.  Kids got to fight some on spin.

 

Small one we released.

 

IMG_4148.jpg.dac7ca84bebe5ea4536328d95e5ec759.jpg

Nice:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, codfish said:

Just received a call from Block Island "Codfish my friends boat went down last night, prayers" be careful out there

Good news all 3 survived, boat 35 ft down east style

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2021 at 11:13 AM, Sailah said:

Heading out of Newport for the claw tomorrow at 0400.  Any hot tips?  First time for us on buddies boat.  Have trolling spread, popping and jigging outfits ready.  Thx

 

My hot tip is to leave the trolling gear at home, takes up space that could be used for more popping and jigging rods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 mins ago, codfish said:

Good news all 3 survived, boat 35 ft down east style

Holy crap. What the heck happened?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 mins ago, bbfish said:

 

My hot tip is to leave the trolling gear at home, takes up space that could be used for more popping and jigging rods.

That's true but with 40' boat we had plenty.   Would have been tough to throw or even jig yesterday,  rough out.

 

Was really fun catching on spin gear,  trolling not so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 mins ago, Sailah said:

That's true but with 40' boat we had plenty.   Would have been tough to throw or even jig yesterday,  rough out.

 

Was really fun catching on spin gear,  trolling not so much.

 

I made a rule a long time ago that I wont go out on a boat that even has trolling gear on it.  Id rather stay at home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2021 at 11:43 AM, codfish said:

Yosco you can fish for blue fins but I would go to a shop that sells tuna gear and explain that you are new to tuna fishing and you want to be safe Starting out.:)

Been tuna fishing probly 6 times. Never bluefins.

Only time i really enjoyed was throwing poppers at

80 lb yellowfin in Costa Rica. Tuna in general too

much like work. Thanks for all the extra info, but honestly,

i was just curious if you could sell them with that permit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, bbfish said:

 

I made a rule a long time ago that I wont go out on a boat that even has trolling gear on it.  Id rather stay at home.

Trolling with lighter tackle can be fun:) I will keep posting the tuna bite:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, codfish said:

Trolling with lighter tackle can be fun:) I will keep posting the tuna bite:)

Can i ask how far offshore u go. I assume you are out on the cape?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, bbfish said:

 

I made a rule a long time ago that I wont go out on a boat that even has trolling gear on it.  Id rather stay at home.

Same here...I'd rather mow the lawn than drag lures behind a boat :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.