codfish

Blue fin tuna from 20-400 Lbs have arrived

Rate this topic

254 posts in this topic

16 mins ago, bbfish said:

We run from highlands as well, honestly its not too bad this year, closer than running to the triple wreck area.  The guys out of manasquan/shark river/barnegat are very lucky with how far they have to run.

I am out of Twin Lights , I fish mostly the bay in the Spring for Bass, then Fluke in the Bay and on the outside. Then either bottom fish or troll the ocean by the rocks ,the snake , Scotland. 

Nothing today. A few people were out trolling with squid bars. I did 23 miles out and covered eastern and some southern block island.

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 hours ago, Hammerheadman said:

I am out of Twin Lights , I fish mostly the bay in the Spring for Bass, then Fluke in the Bay and on the outside. Then either bottom fish or troll the ocean by the rocks ,the snake , Scotland. 

The boat in my avatar is my brothers boat, he’s out of twin lights as well, cool little marina.

I keep my boat at Atlantic Highlands, just a small 20’ seacraft which I mainly use for bass fishing.

Edited by bbfish

3 hours ago, bbfish said:

The boat in my avatar is my brothers boat, he’s out of twin lights as well, cool little marina.

I keep my boat at Atlantic Highlands, just a small 20’ seacraft which I mainly use for bass fishing.

I am looking at the t top I am going out Thursday I will look for that t top. 

9 mins ago, Hammerheadman said:

I am looking at the t top I am going out Thursday I will look for that t top. 

If you find his boat offshore you’re probably in a good place.  He’s about as legit as they come.  

Looks like Friday:) cc back side

Today
NNW wind 13 to 16 kt decreasing to 8 to 11 kt in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas around 3 ft.
Tonight
SSW wind around 9 kt becoming WNW after midnight. Partly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
Friday
NNW wind 5 to 8 kt. Sunny. Seas around 2 ft.

12 hours ago, DAQ said:

Shortened day but I went 4 for 4 on soft plastics. Two on Sluggo's and two on Hogy Protail paddles.

bft0721_2.jpeg

awesome. Been waiting for the opportunity to cast to them. Are you south or elsewhere? 

13 hours ago, DAQ said:

Shortened day but I went 4 for 4 on soft plastics. Two on Sluggo's and two on Hogy Protail paddles.

bft0721_2.jpeg

How are you fishing the sluggos, weighted or unweighted??

3 hours ago, codfish said:

How are you fishing the sluggos, weighted or unweighted??

Yesterday, 1.5-3 oz jig heads. If there was any indication of fish up top they would have been weightless.

9 mins ago, flylikabird said:

Would you be willing to give a color selection they liked?   

Thanks in advance D.  

No problem, the sluggos were Arkansas Shiner and the Protails were purple over white.