albacized

Saltwater Edge's trade in program

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Has anyone here tried Saltwater Edge's trade in program? What kind of offers do they typically make on your gear (which has to be in new or very good condition, plus has to be from a vendor which they normally sell)?

Posted (edited) · Report post

11 hours ago, albacized said:

PS - in all my years browsing their site, I never new they had this until today...lol

I didn’t know about a trade in program either. But I tend to sell stuff here or through auction if I’ve changed my mind or want an upgrade etc.

Since I’ve used Salterwater Edge off & on since it’s inception some 25 years ago, I really like their more recent points program. It has allowed me in the past to get a good discount ($50 max) on some high end items.

I was just in their new shop location last week, which I think is going to serve them very well, locally & internet wise.

Edited by KironaFly
Added grammar

I bought a Daiwa BG 4000 elsewhere and was able to trade it in towards a SSVI 4500 at SWE. They gave me about 70% of the value of the Daiwa. 

28 mins ago, Sleve said:

I bought a Daiwa BG 4000 elsewhere and was able to trade it in towards a SSVI 4500 at SWE. They gave me about 70% of the value of the Daiwa. 

This is good to know.

I too got around 70% the value of my traded in gear and was able to turn it into a T & T Exocett SS 350 grain fly rod while only having to float an addition $100 and change out of my pocket...Just make sure the stuff is new or near new condition and that it's pretty current or something that would likely sell quickly (i.e one of the items I traded in was an unused prior generation 'Gosa 10K + two mid priced surf sticks)