Tbta02

what's up with Lamiglass ??

Rate this topic

32 posts in this topic

Just received 2 boat rods in the mail. One of the tips is bent and crushed to the side. didn't happen during shipping there's no damage to the tube they sent it in or the other rod. Been calling there all day and the phone message says no reps available to take a call. So much for customer service. sent email and no reply yet. St Croix next time 

32 mins ago, Tbta02 said:

St Croix next time 

St Croix is having their own issues.  Trying to compete with cheap imports was been a struggle for them all.

Lami has been tripping over themselves lately. Many have had issues with them lately. Not answering an email of phone call is ridiculous, regardless of what the answer may be you need to respond. 

I love my old Lamiglas. My experience this season has been terrible with a new rod that broke and customer service. When I finally do hear back the lady was very very nice, but their warranty is not what it was. 

3 hours ago, SurffisherMike said:

Lami has been tripping over themselves lately. Many have had issues with them lately. Not answering an email of phone call is ridiculous, regardless of what the answer may be you need to respond. 

Sounds like Zeebaas from the threads I’ve reading here. Is it that hard to hire someone to respond to a call and/or email?

1 hour ago, SurffisherMike said:

I still love the lami rods I have and will always have a few that I fish but the company needs to take a look at this

like there stuff too but feel like I'm being ignored. 

When they receive a customer service call or email it is ALWAYS bad news for them.  No body calls to tell them there are no problems and they want to buy more.  If they can ignore you and you just go away then they just saved a lot of time and money.  When margins get stretched then the first thing to go should be customer service.

9 hours ago, oc1 said:

When margins get stretched then the first thing to go should be customer service.

As someone who owns a business, this is the exact opposite of what I would do, in fact I'd double down on customer service when times are tough.  Not sure if you're advocating this position?  I rely very much on customer service, but mine is B2B sales only, Fortune 500 type clients.  Giving up on customer service..might as well fold up shop because your days are numbered.

I've had problems, but my customers stuck by me because I owned it and took care of them.  There is only 1 customer service guy in my company, me, President and Founder, every single client of mine has my cell phone and they can call/text/email me day or night.  It's just good business, I get recommended to other business units in their companies all the time. Lot less work keeping clients happy than prospecting for new clients.

I had some issues with St Croix last year, but their customer service was awesome.  So I bought 4 more rods from them.  Every company has issues with their products, I would be shocked if they didn't.  It's how they handle those problems that decides whether or not I'll be a repeat customer or not.

If I owned Lamiglas I'd be doing some hard soul searching and jump on the phones to hear what my customers are saying.  And you better believe I'd be reading forums like this to get a pulse on what they said about my company.  For the record I own 4 Lamiglas rods, fished them all hard and never had an issue.

I ordered  blanks from Lamiglas in the last 18 months.

Never had a quality issue.

I love Lamiglas blanks. 
But i feel sad about Lamiglas customer services issues.

It is tough during the past 12 months for business but Lamiglas should taking care their customers like “Old Lamis” did before.

Without customer services, there will be less customers.

Lamiglas now cares more about social media presence than the quality of their product. All these new rods coming out to push flashy crap onto the market.