bassturds

Monomoy rips

Rate this topic

29 posts in this topic

Any intel on how the rips are right now??  Heading to Brewster for a few days. My uncle has his 27 regulator down in Allen’s harbor in Harwich.  I’ve fished the rips a handful of times over the years.  My plan is drifting jigs and plastics in the current.  Casting plugs.  
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 mins ago, bassturds said:

Any intel on how the rips are right now??  Heading to Brewster for a few days. My uncle has his 27 regulator down in Allen’s harbor in Harwich.  I’ve fished the rips a handful of times over the years.  My plan is drifting jigs and plastics in the current.  Casting plugs.  
 

 

The fish have been finicky because of all the small bait fish around

192882030_3835226199933910_8119400707906717557_n.jpg

DSCF0717.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, newcut said:

Drifting a rubber squid across the face of the first wave can often be quite the hoot down there.

Yea ive done that on the charter boat a few years ago 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 mins ago, west tide said:


 

Don’t kayak in those rips!

Absolutely not! That fog bank rolling in. Or the standing waves if wind picks up! Can get scary out there 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bassturds said:

Absolutely not! That fog bank rolling in. Or the standing waves if wind picks up! Can get scary out there 

You are right!

Also, there are do

e real nut jobs out there driving their boats full blast in dense fog. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 mins ago, west tide said:

You are right!

Also, there are do

e real nut jobs out there driving their boats full blast in dense fog. 

Fog scares me like lightning out there!  I was out tuna fishing in thick thick fog and all you can hear is boats flying by! No idea how close or far 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, bassturds said:

Fog scares me like lightning out there!  I was out tuna fishing in thick thick fog and all you can hear is boats flying by! No idea how close or far 

Radar helps :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 mins ago, Sandflee said:

Radar helps :)

Oh it certainly does. I was very impressed with the electronics on my buddies boats. Gota have it when tuna  fishin 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.