Assisted living

Rate this topic

GeoffT

sorry to hear this.  i'm going thru this right now.  we hired a nurse to come to the house everyday, we didn't want to do the nursing home thing.  my mom just turned 89 on 6/12.  it's very close to the end for her, probably a couple days left. terrible facking thing to watch her go thru,scared to death every day for the past two years.  best wishes to you and your family

1 hour ago, cleatis said:

Similar exp with the Africans.  Also That’s not an easy job.  My old man was bed ridden w dementia.  Tough situation for everyone.  

I agree. The head nurse hated honkies though and literally said "we're all racist". Granted, all the white, dementia laden patients probably said crazy stuff, but I don't want a bigot, who hates white folks taking care of people. She really didn't care about anyone. 

"The toothless, braindead, *********, geriatric mouthbreathers around here love their "safe space". It is the only place in the world where they feel like winners, the gracious thing to do, would be to let them enjoy their delusional reality."

-Numbnuts

7 mins ago, Mokes said:

I agree. The head nurse hated honkies though and literally said "we're all racist". Granted, all the white, dementia laden patients probably said crazy stuff, but I don't want a bigot, who hates white folks taking care of people. She really didn't care about anyone. 

My Dad started out in a "home" in Leominster.  It was exactly as previously described. He was able to be transferred to the Baldwinsville Nursing Home where Mom was already a resident.  Great people and for the most part very good care.  We grew up in Templeton so they both had a ton of visitors.

Cabo

6 hours ago, GeoffT said:

The house (which I grew up in) has so much stuff that I'm not even sure where to begin. 

My brother-in-law did it with his mom, who was a packrat: he and his three brothers started going through stuff carefully, looking for things that someone might want them to save. 

After a day and a half, they realized that it would take the four of them three months to go through all of it. They rented an enormous dumpster and chucked all of it. It was either that or let the stuff paralyze them essentially forever. 

Whatever happens, good luck. Getting old sucks.

Terri Mae does not approve this message, but screw him.