Why judge History with Modern values? Haven’t our values evolved since the

Rate this topic

Harf

2 mins ago, fish'nmagician said:

I understood him too,

compared to the past there is hardly any left.

pretty straight forward.

it's a way of excusing what is going on today because it's not as bad as it once was.

I think you're pretending  that you didn't because that's how you get weird jollies but whatever, I'm done with that 

We've made such tremendous strides in the last 50 years especially  that we have to manufacture "Racism" now and assign it even when it's not there 

It's encouraging that we have made those strides IMHO 

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices. – William James

Just now, fish'nmagician said:

the racism that exists in our country.

it's our's.

I might not be racist,

yet as a citizen I own the racism that exists because scummy people are still racist.

You'll always have Racism it's part of the human condition

We do a really good job in America of keeping it out of our institutions  

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices. – William James

36 mins ago, MikeM58 said:

That's why is absolutely crazy to say racism is out of control today.  Compared to the past, there is hardly any racism left.  Can we get better? Sure. Are we exponentially better today than we were in the past? Without a doubt.  

All we have to do is stop talking about it- Morgan Freeman(paraphrasing Thomas Sowell)

I can't wait for all the 20-30 year old woke judges to have kids that are going to be raised by them and call them racists/nazis/fascists/etc. in about 30 years because of their beliefs today.  

Sometimes, when you're in a dark place, you think you've been buried, but you've actually been planted.  

1 min ago, Heron25 said:

Agreed.  Daddy had to bang a white broad to have any shot at the presidency.  

yup,

the number of times people of a certain ilk made the point that he was not "really" black did a lot to reveal just how racist we still are in this nation.

Eggy 10-13

LAA 7-14

50-50 2-15

Just now, fish'nmagician said:

yup,

the number of times people of a certain ilk made the point that he was not "really" black did a lot to reveal just how racist we still are in this nation.

Seriously- the number of black people I heard say he wasn't really black was off the charts.  

Sometimes, when you're in a dark place, you think you've been buried, but you've actually been planted.  

1 min ago, fish'nmagician said:

yup,

"We"

Speak for yourself... 

2 mins ago, RiverRaider said:

"We"

Speak for yourself... 

dude,

we are still so racist that our Nations response to a black man getting elected was to follow him up with an incompetent piece of crap like Trump.

that was White Nationalists flexing their muscles.

Eggy 10-13

LAA 7-14

50-50 2-15

One of my black buddies, dean of engineering at a university, made an interesting point.  He's Caribbean black- he said if the USA was still so racist, how would the BLM rioters have been treated in 1930 or 1960 vs. 2020?