CHIEF500

Final Tales & Lies from Seaside Park, NJ

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Thanks for sharing that Chief! Steve was a huge impact on the site here! A great community member! But I have to say…is this where all the storms have risen from?

RIP SIM! :(

1 min ago, hwsmike said:

Thanks for sharing that Chief! Steve was a huge impact on the site here! A great community member! But I have to say…is this where all the storms have risen from?

RIP SIM! :(

LOL, Donna mentioned the bad weather he brought with him. It's storming here in SE PA now so it's headed her way.

8 hours ago, CHIEF500 said:

As most of us know there won't be anymore Tales & Lies from Steve in Mass. It was something he did when he went anywhere for vacation that involved the beach, fishing, crabbing and eating and of course having a beer. 

I received a phone call from Donna (SIM's wife) about her coming to NJ and she wanted some help getting some of SIM into the ocean here ..... somewhere he fished when he came down. She knew he loved the Jersey shore and wanted to make sure we got some of him. Well, we made that happen today. After a few telephone conversations we got it together. A few members from the site met Donna and got her onto the beach so she could drop some of Steve's ashes into the surf that he loved and fished a few times a year.

I finally got to meet Donna and talk with her, she is a lovely person. She is still having moments when she talks about Steve. She sat a spoke with the lady at the desk of the IBML about Steve yesterday and they both shed a few tears. It's not easy. I went and met her and we took a ride. Steve is finally at rest.

Rest in Peace buddy.

IMG_3878.mov

You’re a good man Andy,

Thank you for sharing that.

JD

Thanks for doing that, Andy.

I wish I could have ben there. I have talked with Donna on the phone a time or two, but I never had the pleasure of meeting her in person. My loss I'm sure.

Steve loved her truly. 

RIP my brother.

Amen. 

PS, I dunno where this happened, but he's now mixed with Derf, and many others I'm sure.