nickd9283

Left my rod and reel in Marblehead

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

This is a long shot, and if I dont get it back, it’s my own stupid fault lol.. but last night I left my Lamiglas and van staal setup leaning against my car at Marblehead neck while I took my wading gear off.. got a bad phone call while doing so, panicked, and then drove off without putting my rod in the car.

my guess is someone grabbed it this morning and had the best find they’ve had in a while. I can give specific details on the rod and reel if anyone came across it. Will give you $500 bucks as a finders fee… cheaper than buying a new setup but it’s all I can afford right now

Edited by nickd9283

Damn. Hope you'll able to get it back. I remember getting my car stolen with all my fishing gears in the car. Had to start over from scratch. Best of luck to you. I'll keep an eye out on FB if anything pops up.

Did you contact the local PD? Over the years I've turned in some super valuable stuff I've found, and the police were able to reunite it with the owner. 

12 hours ago, bob_G said:

Did you contact the local PD? Over the years I've turned in some super valuable stuff I've found, and the police were able to reunite it with the owner. 

Agree. A lot of honest good folk up there. Worth checking.

Thanks guys. Gonna keep my eye on Facebook marketplace and Craigslist. Called the police department to no avail. Might be crap out of luck.. maybe I should start thinking of reasons to explain to my fiancé why I need to buy another setup hahaha… or then again, it might not even be worth it considering the majority of the northeast coast seems to agree that the fishery has collapsed

What color is the Staal?  I know someone who is pretty tied in and lives on the Neck.  I can ask her to keep an ear open, but, reel color will help as I'm pretty sure that noone will know what a Van Staal or Lami is in her circle.

sam

22 hours ago, nickd9283 said:

Thanks guys. Gonna keep my eye on Facebook marketplace and Craigslist. Called the police department to no avail. Might be crap out of luck.. maybe I should start thinking of reasons to explain to my fiancé why I need to buy another setup hahaha… or then again, it might not even be worth it considering the majority of the northeast coast seems to agree that the fishery has collapsed

The fishery has collapsed? Lol, that’s funny. Sorry you lost your stuff. Being dumb hurts. I know from experience, it’s why I can’t have nice things

There are good people still wandering around. I left a rig on the beach in a spike a few years ago. It was a 704z and a decent rod. Never realized it till late that nite  went back next day and a man from CT saw me and I saw him looking and he asked me if I forgot something yesterday as he saw me drive away.  Great luck I had that day as a good person saved my stuff. I’ve been trying to pass that on ever since. Good karma is earned by being humble and honest. I need all I can get

On 6/15/2021 at 6:11 PM, The BuzzardsBayBruin said:

The fishery has collapsed? Lol, that’s funny. Sorry you lost your stuff. Being dumb hurts. I know from experience, it’s why I can’t have nice things

You probably weren't  born yet when the fishery  collapsed the first time,  so you don't recognize the signs.  So I guess you get a pass.

18 hours ago, bob_G said:

You probably weren't  born yet when the fishery  collapsed the first time,  so you don't recognize the signs.  So I guess you get a pass.

My fishing career started around 92. I saw them come back.

I personally believe it’s Cyclical… they will return