RAW

Still not good, some but slooooooow

Rate this topic

23 posts in this topic

Hit a few, got more shad than stripers, The sand eels showing up are not even 2" long, Does anyone think the reports of black feet from bugs has any effect? Truthfully I think it's oil and sand after the 10 days of heavy easterly winds and big surf. Jetty guys chunking and live liners are same the results.

Hopefully it's not the new norm, hopefully things settle into something closer to what I would expect. If not I see be pike and crappie in my future 

Hit the ledges pretty hard recently and came up with only a couple smaller fish to show for it. hoping it picks up soon..

Agree on the slow part

ive been off since Thursday snd put in more hours on the water in some time 

fish here and there, a few “micro” blitzes that lasted a half hour or so but nothing as good as I hoped 

still no skunks so I’ll take that 

Jim 

Will be interesting to see where we are in 2 to 3 weeks, if the pattern from past years is the same, I really think we are in for some slow fishing, even worse, the blues probably wont show either. Imagine if this is the best its gets all year?

Posted (edited) · Report post

Well you see, we got the MA commercial industry, which needs to stop.  Then we have the white trash yanking stripers out of the water and onto a pier, so hard that the fish ends up bouncing into the parking lot, while his moron buddy wants to feed alkaseltzers to a seagull who's stealing his bait.  Years of this crap takes a toll.

We need C&R rules for stripers.  

Edited by Skunkoff

40 mins ago, Skunkoff said:

Well you see, we got the MA commercial industry, which needs to stop.  Then we have the white trash yanking stripers out of the water and onto a pier, so hard that the fish ends up bouncing into the parking lot, while his moron buddy wants to feed alkaseltzers to a seagull who's stealing his bait.  Years of this crap takes a toll.

We need C&R rules for stripers.  

Gamefish status, period. I dont like what goes on south of us. 

I'm doing just fine.  A little behind last year only because I missed the 1st week of the "catching season" as I was out of town.  

6 hours ago, 7 Rivers said:

Gamefish status, period. I dont like what goes on south of us. 

You would think since they have striper plates down there, they'd do more for conservation.  Maybe the money for the plates really goes to the commercial industry :beatin:.

I spent two days on the water this weekend, both flood and ebb tides, and hit all the spots that have been good to me in the past without a nibble.  Graphs are not infallible, and there can be fish around that don't show, but mine failed to register anything that even looked like a striper.  The "fishermen" were thick this weekend, at least if you include every boat I saw with a rod hanging off the stern.  There were quite a few that seemed to match the description of "serious" fishermen, even some of the professionals were out with their charters, and I did not see one bent rod or net in use.  I saw some sophisticated high-priced fishing machines; I was envious, but I would have been even more envious if they were actually catching fish.

If you look at the reports south it's not looking good.  The Ma guys are not happy at all, and Most agree commercial fishing should stop. I got a few Saturday early on topwater mostly dropping the plugs on a few fish chasing a herring, 22-24" fish.  Ya pike and sm and lmb are looking better.

We are just a whole different breed of fishermen up here. No commercial stuff, I dont know many recs that keep either. The thing is, if every individual was more conservative, and didnt just talk about it, we wouldnt need forums like this. 

8 guys from 4;30 to 8 am, spinning, fly rod and bait, nobody had a hit. 2 small boats trolling the harbor did nothing. Absolutely perfect tide and low light. Friends in the Merrimack area telling me the same thing. 1 out of 4 days are producing. I think it will get better, but how much, about 5 years ago we had a similar May/early June then we had a fantastic October. Small flies are working best in black or black and red