BrianBM

CRT is the new Shariah menace

Rate this topic

80 posts in this topic

Part of  being a Trump supporter is a need for a constant stream of new threats, new menaces, new things going bump in the night ...

Hey, remember the lurking menace of shariah law? It was a real concern in right-wing circles, though it hasn't come up much lately. Shariah law was being stealthily introduced all over America. There was a map of the 48 states that turned up in this Forum periodically, marked with burning jets of flame where Islam was taking hold (translation: someone opened a halal grocery, or restaurant).  Some imam led a group of Black Muslims out of beautiful New York City and established their own community in rural New York, and there was lots of talk here about the lurking menace they posed .... besides,Obama had an Arabic language name, so who knew what he was really up to?

Shariah panic seems to have run its' course. Obama is out of office and mostly out of sight (oddly enough, he hasn't fled to that home in Qatar he was supposed to have; I read about that here too.) The Burning Map hasn't appeared for some time.  But that doesn't mean that the people who were looking around for shariah no-go zones have subsided into something like ordinary rationality. If one excuse for panic wears off, they don't simply calm down; they need the excitement of a new lurking menace against which to rally.

Thank Heaven that they found critical race theory. CRT is the new shariah menace. Half a dozen states have banned teaching it. Excited parents who know nothing about CRT (but they heard about it on Fox, always a source of deep scholarship) are harassing school boards all over the country - whatever it is, they're agin it! Yeah!

I am liberal, mostly. I read mostly liberal stuff, the NYT, etc., except for particular websites that are specifically oriented to military history and military matters. I never heard of CRT until it exploded on SOL-PG. I did read the opening essay from the 1619 project that had a number of posters up in arms, and that's it. I hvae never, ever heard of a teacher using it in class, though it must have happened somewhere, and I doubt it's assigned reading below the college level anywhere.

So, a question. What posters here, if any, have read anything of the theories and speculations behind CRT? Is this all coming from What You Heard on talk radio, TV, or a website?

On the other hand, what is CRT teaching that the nation didn’t already know?  It’s a Prog program, aren’t you all experts?

We DO NOT NEED more race-based education or programs.  What we need to do is  make race the meaningless distinction between people it should be.

6 mins ago, Nessmuk said:

On the other hand, what is CRT teaching that the nation didn’t already know?  It’s a Prog program, aren’t you all experts?

We DO NOT NEED more race-based education or programs.  What we need to do is  make race the meaningless distinction between people it should be.

THIS is what education should be about. At home and in school.

1 hour ago, BrianBM said:

So, a question. What posters here, if any, have read anything of the theories and speculations behind CRT? Is this all coming from What You Heard on talk radio, TV, or a website?

CNN , MSNBC, and late night comedians... is there something wrong?

1 hour ago, BrianBM said:

Part of  being a Trump supporter is a need for a constant stream of new threats, new menaces, new things going bump in the night ...

Hey, remember the lurking menace of shariah law? It was a real concern in right-wing circles, though it hasn't come up much lately. Shariah law was being stealthily introduced all over America. There was a map of the 48 states that turned up in this Forum periodically, marked with burning jets of flame where Islam was taking hold (translation: someone opened a halal grocery, or restaurant).  Some imam led a group of Black Muslims out of beautiful New York City and established their own community in rural New York, and there was lots of talk here about the lurking menace they posed .... besides,Obama had an Arabic language name, so who knew what he was really up to?

Shariah panic seems to have run its' course. Obama is out of office and mostly out of sight (oddly enough, he hasn't fled to that home in Qatar he was supposed to have; I read about that here too.) The Burning Map hasn't appeared for some time.  But that doesn't mean that the people who were looking around for shariah no-go zones have subsided into something like ordinary rationality. If one excuse for panic wears off, they don't simply calm down; they need the excitement of a new lurking menace against which to rally.

Thank Heaven that they found critical race theory. CRT is the new shariah menace. Half a dozen states have banned teaching it. Excited parents who know nothing about CRT (but they heard about it on Fox, always a source of deep scholarship) are harassing school boards all over the country - whatever it is, they're agin it! Yeah!

I am liberal, mostly. I read mostly liberal stuff, the NYT, etc., except for particular websites that are specifically oriented to military history and military matters. I never heard of CRT until it exploded on SOL-PG. I did read the opening essay from the 1619 project that had a number of posters up in arms, and that's it. I hvae never, ever heard of a teacher using it in class, though it must have happened somewhere, and I doubt it's assigned reading below the college level anywhere.

How much did Nicky Da Fish pay you to start another CRT thread. Fess up, how much?

2 hours ago, BrianBM said:

Please as your a liberal enlighten me on what is to be gained or changed for the better by teaching crt ?

3 hours ago, BrianBM said:

What I know about CRT came from Nicky for the most part, but also personal research not related to Fox. I don't pay much attention to Fox, CBS, MSNBC, etc...

Posts from flyangler highlighting experiences of people who are dealing with CRT directly confirmed the conclusions I arrived at.

The 5 tenats, as they are called, are disturbing due to their implications, suggestiveness, and potential applications.

46 mins ago, giant basshole said:

Please as your a liberal enlighten me on what is to be gained or changed for the better by teaching crt ?

Further manipulation, control, and division of the masses.

I heard about it straight from one of the scholars that has a deep understanding of the subject:

"The divisive, false, and demeaning propaganda of the critical race theory movement is contrary to all we stand for as Americans and should have no place in the Federal government,"    Former president

Business Insider has a good read:

"Critical race theory is a lucrative obsession for Republicans because the party is 'offended by the political focus on racism and racial justice'"  yesterday

"...As Fox's top-viewed opinion hosts struggle to land on a coherent depiction of President Joe Biden in the way they handled Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama, critical race theory serves as a convenient programming staple. Coverage of critical race theory dominates Fox News coverage across daytime, primetime, and online.

"Often compared by critics to actual racism, CRT is a school of thought that generally focuses on how power structures and institutions impact racial minorities," an explainer post reads on the Fox News website.

Fox News hosts often depict things like the "1619 Project" as having a vast influence, or white children being explicitly told they're racist when the segments are usually based solely on local news reports or aggrieved parents.

Once one of these local spats reaches Fox News, it effectively becomes mainstreamed and a de facto national issue that politicians in turn discuss."