Wireless Headphones for old[20yr.] component Sony system.

Rate this topic

theshadow

You can get a bluetooth transmitter that will plug in output or the headphone jack, then get whatever BT headphone or buds you like. I like really light ones in the shop, not the big 'Beats' style ones that are trendy. My favorites are discontinued, but there's some that are marketed on Amazon as 'retro' that are pretty decent and a bargain at $15. JLab Audio Rewind Wireless Retro Headphones. Of course you can easily spend $200 on headphones if you roll that way. Thse don't have volume control built in like lots of others, but I have no idea if that works with a transmitter rather than a phone.

JLab_Audio_Rewind.jpg?p=publish

Thanks for the reply.My corded headphones are the lighter ones similar style.The over the ear ones are too hot in time.Also,I still use an ol flip-phone.That suits me fine too.When I'm working on rods or tying flies I forget I'm "wired" and move.So the present phones get ripped off my head.This whole thing is to keep the Queen happy.The sub-woofer shakes the kitchen floor!

4 hours ago, theshadow said:

Thanks for the reply.My corded headphones are the lighter ones similar style.The over the ear ones are too hot in time.Also,I still use an ol flip-phone.That suits me fine too.When I'm working on rods or tying flies I forget I'm "wired" and move.So the present phones get ripped off my head.This whole thing is to keep the Queen happy.The sub-woofer shakes the kitchen floor!

Look at these type of BT headset, they are light weight and it just wears around our neck. Gets decent battery life. There are plenty of knock off on amazon or ebay for fraction of the price that just performs similar. I have an older model for a long time and been   using for work heavily.6292093_sd.jpg

2 hours ago, LB said:

Blue tooth are not good if your also going to us them when watching TV there is a signal lag other wise they are good. for TV l look for the 900mhz transmit.

Nope.Just my Sony,Bose[cubes],5 disc changer,turntable,& dual cassette.Thanks.

8 hours ago, theshadow said:

Nope.Just my Sony,Bose[cubes],5 disc changer,turntable,& dual cassette.Thanks.

Then you will be fine. l have just about the same set up it just sit there, the Sony receiver/amp is hook up to the TV with BIC Venture book shelf speaker's from the 70s sound good, turntable l hook up to my computer to copy my record's from the 60s. 

The head sets l use at the computer are Turtle Beach EAR FORCE X11 there gaming head with mic. l run them though on board equalizer and the sound great there is a blue tooth version but it has audio delay.

Another blue tooth option....

Theshadow could use the wireless Avantree HT5009 and plugin to the two (left right) RCA output jacks.

There should be zero latency for him with that configuration.   Look it up and confirm for yourself first.

I use these headphones on a first generation Samsung smart tv and get zero latency from the signal.

I used the output sound plug in the back.   Love this setup and can walk all around the house with them on.

Good Luck.

edit....if the system is so old that you need to trim the speaker wires then insert you'll need to rig an adapter with

RCA capabilities.   Again....good luck.  

Edited by flylikabird

"For our discussion of kayak angling is no trifling matter but is the way to conduct our lives, nobody untrained in fishing may enter my house."- Fly's Plato

@LB & @flylikabird  I use BT headphones from a tiny PC that feeds my TV and there's no latency. We have no cable and never watch OTA, streaming is it. I've been using headphones watching TV for over 20 years to not bother the family at night. Used to use 900mhz Sennheisers, but BT is great and much, much cheaper.

Yeah.....late night TV or movies is great.

Watched a 40th anniversary Indiana Jones DVD on my HDTV ....I was taken

back to the theater experience of yesteryear.  

"For our discussion of kayak angling is no trifling matter but is the way to conduct our lives, nobody untrained in fishing may enter my house."- Fly's Plato

2 hours ago, flylikabird said:

Yeah.....late night TV or movies is great.

Watched a 40th anniversary Indiana Jones DVD on my HDTV ....I was taken

back to the theater experience of yesteryear.  

I much prefer it, my hearing ain't so great after 40 years of power tools. When the setup was different with the Sennheisers I would sometimes wear headphones when watching with the family. Can't do that with the BT, for some reason you can't output to 2 different devices from a PC.

You can with the Samsung HDTV.

I'm not trying to rub your nose in it.....just sayin'.   

14 hours ago, flylikabird said:

You can with the Samsung HDTV.

I'm not trying to rub your nose in it.....just sayin'.   

Are you saying the TV will output both BT and speaker simultaneously? Or just the 1/8" analog output and speakers. My TV is Samsung but like 13 years old.

7 mins ago, gellfex said:

Are you saying the TV will output both BT and speaker simultaneously?

Yes.  If I don't want the speaker output I pot it down and just use the headphones.

26 mins ago, flylikabird said:

Yes.  If I don't want the speaker output I pot it down and just use the headphones.

Cool. When this TV croaks I guess I'll get that upgrade! Back then a 46" Samsung was $1000 at Costco and was my reward for finishing the kitchen reno.