ghostdog

mackerel ?

Rate this topic

25 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

not sure if i will be able to get out but if i do im looking for help with known mackerel areas . i know the 2kr from last year but ive had limited experience on the boat inshore (mostly haddock fishing) since i bought it last may . i know i will get some comments from guys who don’t want to help out but if anyone wants to dm me i would appreciate it .i mostly launch out of peirce island but i was looking to also try rye harbor since i haven’t tried it yet .  thanks everyone and tight lines 

Edited by ghostdog

Sounds like you know the most well known spot. If heading out of Rye go straight to backside of shoals and you’ll find all you want.

43 mins ago, CW21 said:

Sounds like you know the most well known spot. If heading out of Rye go straight to backside of shoals and you’ll find all you want.

thanks cw21 

2 hours ago, CW21 said:

Right around the spindle...

7 hours ago, ghostdog said:

forgive my ignorance… whats the spindle 

It's a shoal on the ocean side of the main island where there was a radar reflector. It maybe gone now... I haven't been fishing there in a number of years now.

Hi all, 

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but is anyone catching macks from shore yet? No need to give spots, just wondering if they are hanging around within casting distance from shore. Thanks all. I can't wait to eat some macks.

TK

5 hours ago, TroutKing said:

Hi all, 

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but is anyone catching macks from shore yet? No need to give spots, just wondering if they are hanging around within casting distance from shore. Thanks all. I can't wait to eat some macks.

TK

Saw some catching from a bridge today. But it was spotty out deep.

Haven't seen the typical "popping" on the surface near the beach I typically catch them.  I'm going on a half day boat to pick them up, I understand they are in a few miles off shore but haven't seen them where I usually do.

I picked up a few in southern Maine but tough to come by so far...jigged for 30 minutes for 7 Macs.... seems like two random schools blew through ,but I couldn't keep them coming.

8 hours ago, striperstalker2 said:

I picked up a few in southern Maine but tough to come by so far...jigged for 30 minutes for 7 Macs.... seems like two random schools blew through ,but I couldn't keep them coming.

Chum, and they will come.

On 6/18/2021 at 7:03 AM, striperstalker2 said:

That’s been the theme all year so far. Even with chum it’s been tough.