ROONERS FLUKE IX - YOU SAY YOU WANT A REVOLUTION?!?!

Rate this topic

Tom T

1 min ago, Tom T said:

:read: 

Capture.JPG

My family loves anything truffle.  We just got some oil.  I'll take a pic when I get home later.  We have a truffle salt it's super strong taste and scent wise.  Probably the #1 thing we use is DiBrunos truffle honey.  We've put it on french fries, chicken, etc.  

Wife got the hot sauce that Oprah endorsed. Truff.  Black label.  Think it was $17. It was good but not $17 good.  Apparently their are 2 other varieties of that brand and they cost $30.  No thanks.  

1 min ago, LBI SurfRat said:

That's the salt I was referring to.  Lol. You open the lid and the kitchen will smell like it for 10 minutes.  Lol.  It's good but only use a pinch. It can be over powering.  

I also use this salt. I brought it with my checked bag to Florida and it broke open in the suit case I smelt like salt and pepper all week and it was hard to get out of the suitcase when I got home. This stuff is great if you want to make salt and pepper wings or anything like that. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MDV9BP8?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

5 mins ago, crazybellringer said:

I also use this salt. I brought it with my checked bag to Florida and it broke open in the suit case I smelt like salt and pepper all week and it was hard to get out of the suitcase when I got home. This stuff is great if you want to make salt and pepper wings or anything like that. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MDV9BP8?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

You should eat some salad Flabio. 

The village, which had stood for maybe 1,000 years, didn't know we were coming that day. If they had, they would have run. boB was at the eye of our rage. And through him, our Captain Ahab. He would set things right again. That day, we loved him.

23 mins ago, crazybellringer said:

Yes sire It was after tog house and I had. a big bag of flays and only one box of Italian panko. We were at the motor lodge by ibsp. The markets were closed so I went to 711 the only thing I thought would work was Pringles so I got them put em in a zip lock smashed them mixed them with the panko aded the salt to the filets sparingly because it's truffle did the normal Edd breading fried served with a pinch of the salt. It's lights out.

smart

my wife has done similar with pork rinds, crushed in bag and used to coat fillets. so good

“No nation in history has survived once its borders were destroyed, once its citizenship was rendered no different from mere residence, and once its neighbors with impunity undermined its sovereignty.”

- Victor Davis Hanson 

Great minds ....

image.jpg

Edited by flyangler

“No nation in history has survived once its borders were destroyed, once its citizenship was rendered no different from mere residence, and once its neighbors with impunity undermined its sovereignty.”

- Victor Davis Hanson 

46 mins ago, flyangler said:

When i was a kid and we'd fish party boats for fluke, skates and birds were always tossed back by us and most (if not sacrificed for strip baits). Pretty sure that was the standard back in the 1970s.

But there was always a black guy on the boat who would keep everything you would give him, skates and robins too, for food. Always assumed that was an economic decision because who could find meat on a skate or eat something as ugly as a sea robin. 

Fast forward to 1990s and I am at a high-end NYC seafood restaurant and see skate wings on the menu, for $40 back in the early 90s. Then I start seeing skate sold at farmers' markets so I buy some and try the prep method of Le Bernardin which was a pretty simple sautee with lemon and capers. It was excellent and I recall thinking all those wise black guys knew something the rest of us did not. 

I don't recall having eat sea robin, yet, but will to try that as well. 

giphy (8).gif

Terri Mae does not approve this message, but screw him.

d-bag > blowmo

every frickin' day

ETA: two things. first, Mac OS told me that douche bag is actually a single word with no space. second, Tim the Overlord changes the single word to d-bag. 

so to use incorrect syntax:

douche bag >blowmo

Edited by flyangler

- Victor Davis Hanson 

Just now, Ditchbag said:

Leave me outa this!!!

no offense, that was Tim's overbearing word nanny bot changing what I typed. 

- Victor Davis Hanson 

• Tom T unpinned this topic