Chrishockey

ODM GENESIS 2021

Rate this topic

69 posts in this topic

I don’t believe it’s available yet, so you’re not going to get much info beyond the marketing blurb from their site, which is also cut and pasted onto some retailers sites as well.  I emailed ODM last month about it and it’s release has been pushed back due to delays from China.  It was originally supposed to be available at the end of April…. then the end of May.  Tomo’s Tackle up in MA lists a tentative release date of June 15th.  Then again, they also listed April 30th and then May 30th before as well, so we’ll see…

Posted (edited) · Report post

If I get the 10 footer it’s gonna get paired with a Saragosa 6K.  I would think the VSX200 would pair better with the 11 footer as these are supposedly fairly light blanks weight wise.  Either way, keep us updated.  I’ve got a VSX200 as well so I’d be curious as to how well it pairs with the Genesis.

Edited by Water Dog

Yeah, that's why I'm torn between the 10 and 11. I wish I could pick the rod up and see it in person but I don't think it will be possible. I will let you know if I pull the trigger when it comes out.

8 hours ago, Chrishockey said:

Does anybody have any information on the new Genesis line? 

So what’s new or different with the Genesis series?

What i wanna know is why the 50/50 split? 70/30 in my opinion is a way better handling rod and its the only 2 piece thats 50/50 in their lineup

I have a pre-order for the 11' 3/4-4 but have been going back and forth between that and the 10' 1/2-3.5 to pair up with a 6000 Saragosa. @Water Dog have you had any previous experience with the old models and your 6000 Saragosa? 

2 hours ago, frisco_25 said:

I have a pre-order for the 11' 3/4-4 but have been going back and forth between that and the 10' 1/2-3.5 to pair up with a 6000 Saragosa. @Water Dog have you had any previous experience with the old models and your 6000 Saragosa? 

Unfortunately I have not…. I just got the Gosa 6k SWA recently from my local tackle shop after a 4 month pre order wait.

14 hours ago, KironaFly said:

So what’s new or different with the Genesis series?

They took some aspects of the frontier x and mixed it in. It’s a really nice blank. I can’t wait to get my hands on the boat rods