rockyoutdoors

So If Our American Flag Pisses Them Off.....pic

Rate this topic

124 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, JaseB said:

You guys that say 24/7, have them lit?   I see some of you say yes, but what about the others?  I put mine out when we are expecting guests (can't see the house unless youre specifically coming to see me) but I take it down at night. 

if they are not lit at night they are supposed to be taken down. when it rains they are to be taken down but most dont.

3 hours ago, MikeMc said:

My flag holder broke last summer during a storm. I still haven't replaced it. I feel shame. :( 

you should! 

that being said my flag got shredded last year, I need to steal some more from checkers

30 mins ago, coolhandfluke said:

if they are not lit at night they are supposed to be taken down. when it rains they are to be taken down but most dont.

Yup, and I adhere to that. 

31 mins ago, coolhandfluke said:

when it rains they are to be taken down but most dont.

That I didn't know, but why? These colors don't run. 

2 hours ago, JaseB said:

You guys that say 24/7, have them lit?   I see some of you say yes, but what about the others?  I put mine out when we are expecting guests (can't see the house unless youre specifically coming to see me) but I take it down at night. 

Mine is lit at night. :howdy:

38 mins ago, MikeMc said:

Weren't you ever a boy scout?  Down at night, down in rain, don't let it touch the ground, only dispose of by proper flag burning ceremony or give to the BSA, American Legion or VOFW to handle it. 

1 min ago, JaseB said:

Weren't you ever a boy scout?  Down at night, down in rain, don't let it touch the ground, only dispose of by proper flag burning ceremony or give to the BSA, American Legion or VOFW to handle it. 

cub scout, then quit. Don't remember the down in the rain. And, you didn't answer my question. 

1 min ago, MikeMc said:

cub scout, then quit. Don't remember the down in the rain. And, you didn't answer my question. 

You probably eat with your hat on. 

s the universal custom to display the flag only from sunrise to sunset on buildings and on stationary flag staffs in the open. However, when a patriotic effect is desired, the flag may be displayed twenty-four hours a day if properly illuminated during the hours of darkness.

(b) The flag should be hoisted briskly and lowered ceremoniously.

(c) The flag should not be displayed on days when the weather is inclement, except when an all weather flag is displayed.

(d) The flag should be displayed on all days, especially on New Year's Day, January 1; Inauguration Day, January 20; Martin Luther King, Jr.’s birthday, the third Monday in January; Lincoln's Birthday, February 12; Washington's Birthday, third Monday in February; National Vietnam War Veterans Day, March 29, Easter Sunday (variable); Mother's Day, second Sunday in May; Armed Forces Day, third Saturday in May; Memorial Day (half-staff until noon), the last Monday in May; Flag Day, June 14; Father's Day, third Sunday in June; Independence Day, July 4; National Korean War Veterans Armistice Day, July 27; Labor Day, first Monday in September; Constitution Day, September 17; Columbus Day, second Monday in October; Navy Day, October 27; Veterans Day, November 11; Thanksgiving Day, fourth Thursday in November; Christmas Day, December 25; and such other days as may be proclaimed by the President of the United States; the birthdays of States (date of admission); and on State holidays.

(e) The flag should be displayed daily on or near the main administration building of every public institution.

(f) The flag should be displayed in or near every polling place on election days.

(g) The flag should be displayed during school days in or near every schoolhouse

5 mins ago, JaseB said:

I'm almost certain they removed the rain restriction allowing the flag to fly in rainy conditions.

52 mins ago, MikeMc said:

11 mins ago, JaseB said:

9 mins ago, MikeMc said:

U.S. Flag Code

§5. Display and use of flag by civilians; codification of rules and customs; definition

The following codification of existing rules and customs pertaining to the display and use of the flag of the United States of America be, and it is hereby, established for the use of such civilians or civilian groups or organizations as may not be required to conform with regulations promulgated by one or more executive departments of the Government of the United States. The flag of the United States for the purpose of this chapter shall be defined according to title 4, United States Code, Chapter 1, Section 1 and Section 2 and Executive Order 10834 issued pursuant thereto.

§6. Time and occasions for display 

It is the universal custom to display the flag only from sunrise to sunset on buildings and on stationary flagstaffs in the open. However, when a patriotic effect is desired, the flag may be displayed twenty-four hours a day if properly illuminated during the hours of darkness.

The flag should be hoisted briskly and lowered ceremoniously.

The flag should not be displayed on days when the weather is inclement, except when an all-weather flag is displayed.

31 mins ago, JaseB said:

You probably eat with your hat on. 

Not in my ****ing house, pal!! And, you still didn't answer my question, most probably because you are 

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

31 mins ago, coolhandfluke said:

except when an all weather flag is displayed.