BrianBM

Yet another vaccine question for weewee or rst3

Rate this topic

36 posts in this topic

Moderna and Pfizer have both applied for non-emergency-use approval for their respective vaccines, at least for the adults for whom they have the most data. For adults, they both have a LOT of data. 

Is there an estimated date of approval for either or both vaccines?

One objection heard to Covid-19 vaccines is that they're both emergency approvals. I don't take that objection at face value, I think it's more of an excuse from people who won't take it until their next-door neighbor dies in the hospital, but there are probably some people who are serious about it. If so, they might be encouraged by a full non-emergency approval.

So, how much longer?

21 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

EUA was a convenient excuse for many.

Once given full approval they will come up with another excuse why they won't take it.

Just so. Some of the reasoning is a real head scratcher. So Black people don't want a vaccine that rich white people have all gotten already because of a history of racial disparity in medicine? Sorry, I'm a liberal but I can't follow that one.  RFK Jr just put out some insane anti vax propaganda film targeted at Blacks to convince them vaccines are a white genocide tool.  This issue unites the crazies of every flavor!

To get full approval from the FDA typically takes 6 months to a year.  So probably not until sometime in 2022.  But with the wealth of data so far collected since December it could be somewhat fast-tracked.  

Edited by GeoffT

Speaking of excuses to avoid vaccination, I saw t.v. footage this evening of a physician testifying that the vaccines magnetize your body. She said she knows of cases where people have been vaccinated, and just a short time later other people died of blood clots or strokes. (This was before the Ohio legislature). She was followed by a nurse who made the same claim, pressed a key to her neck where it stayed for a moment, and demanded to know why the key stuck there if she's not magnetic (she'd been vaccinated too.)

I think I remember the Amazing Kreskin doing something like that. And that Israeli guy, bending spoons and forks with his powers? Uri Geller?

Fishinambition, MitchellNJ, you both write coherent posts. I would listen with interest to your reasoning for refusing any vaccination. Are your reasons specific to all vaccinations, or just to the Covid-19 shots?

9 mins ago, GeoffT said:

To get full approval from the FDA typically takes 6 months to a year.  So probably not until sometime in 2022.  But with the wealth of data so far collected since December it could be somewhat fast-tracked.  

I would think so. More mRNA vaccines have probably been administered in a given year, in the USA, than any other three vaccines in our country's history

Edited by BrianBM

1 hour ago, BrianBM said:

Speaking of excuses to avoid vaccination, I saw t.v. footage this evening of a physician testifying that the vaccines magnetize your body. She said she knows of cases where people have been vaccinated, and just a short time later other people died of blood clots or strokes. (This was before the Ohio legislature). She was followed by a nurse who made the same claim, pressed a key to her neck where it stayed for a moment, and demanded to know why the key stuck there if she's not magnetic (she'd been vaccinated too.)

I think I remember the Amazing Kreskin doing something like that. And that Israeli guy, bending spoons and forks with his powers? Uri Geller?

Fishinambition, MitchellNJ, you both write coherent posts. I would listen with interest to your reasoning for refusing any vaccination. Are your reasons specific to all vaccinations, or just to the Covid-19 shots?

Very simple for me. I know that I dont know enough about how gene therapy works to make a truly informed decision. I also know that I had covid and was basically symptom free, therefore the risk of the virus, to me, doesnt outweigh the risk of unknown as it concerns the vax. I have no issue with vaccines in general however these are very different circumstances and while i understand why anyone else might want it, I know I dont need it. 

1 hour ago, BrianBM said:

If I were to travel outside the USA, i would get those shots.

I do not get Flu shots. Never have. I get the occassional cold. Allergies have become more of a nuisance getting older I guess.

I got sick this year with symptoms exactly like I've had several times before. I "tested" positive of course and four days later I felt better just as always doung the same things I know. Soup and rest. The part that really annoyed me was the involvement of the State of New Jersey in a simple cold and an obviously flawed test.

This whole thing started out wrong from the beginning. You do not quarantine a healthy population based on unknowns. Decisions were made that destroyed lives.  We will not know the full extent of damage done for political positioning. Small businesses have been devastated.

This has impacted our economy,  our way of life and has undermined the confidence in our healthcare "experts" who have aligned themselves along party lines.

All the TV ads, lotteries, giveaways, special perks and freebees. You can keep them all.

My body, my choice

Gents, fairly answered. You've both been infected, your risk profiles are different from those of the infirm and the uninfected. I might argue parts of your posts, but ... no. Well said.

6 hours ago, BrianBM said:

She was followed by a nurse who made the same claim, pressed a key to her neck where it stayed for a moment, and demanded to know why the key stuck there if she's not magnetic

That was really, really funny.  The lady has a sticky neck.

They just came out with new data for 19 to 39 year olds getting heart issues after the 2nd shot....data is still being collected. Pretty soon the list of side effects will warrant 40 seconds in a commercial.....but the benefits  outweigh the risks right?