Stopsign32v

What do you guys use to clean rods after use if you are away from home?

Rate this topic

51 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Stopsign32v said:

Going to be doing some good saltwater fishing this time next week and will be staying in a downtown hotel so the rods will be kept in the car. What do you guys use to clean your stuff after use if you aren't going to be close to a garden hose or something? 

I was thinking a nice large spray bottle and a few gallons of water from the grocery store should do it...? Either that or a weed spraying setup from Lowes. 

Take it in the shower with you when you get back to the hotel wash yourself then wash it then wash yourself again.

HH

Posted (edited) · Report post

Just a cheap hand spray bottle. I spray it all as soon as I get to my car. I'm not taking a shower with my reel and rod....  

Edited by doublegregg

I find a coat of Woody Wax on the rod and eyes a few times a season is a great protector. Fresh water mist spray after use (if away- a pump spray bottle with an adjustable spray).  I find Woody Wax great for many things - spray every couple of months on a stainless refrigerator or any other stainless items eliminates handling stains and streeks

5 mins ago, fishless said:

The OP asked about cleaning his equipment not what assbaby politician you align your self with,  Keep it on topic.  

Precisely......That's why I choose Antifa tears

17 hours ago, Stopsign32v said:

That's actually a good idea 

Instead of car wax I use Liquid Gold furniture polish.  Spray on a rag or a bunch of paper towels and keep in a ziplock bag.  Once coated really don't have to touch. Rinse when you get home.

if you don't take them inside the hotel to rinse- just take a plastic jug or 2 and fill them with water. like a big size Tropicana orange juice jug with the orange flip lid... you can rinse your waders / boots and tackle too.

18 hours ago, LB said:

lf it's not gated it's a parking lot, even if it's at a Hotel. Just something to think about.

School of hard knocks

I don't leave any rods or reels in the buggy or on top ever when staying anywhere, even Hatteras has became sketchy. As far as cleaning unless a reel gets dunked or dropped on the beach I clean up after the trip.