Stopsign32v

What do you guys use to clean rods after use if you are away from home?

Rate this topic

51 posts in this topic

Going to be doing some good saltwater fishing this time next week and will be staying in a downtown hotel so the rods will be kept in the car. What do you guys use to clean your stuff after use if you aren't going to be close to a garden hose or something? 

I was thinking a nice large spray bottle and a few gallons of water from the grocery store should do it...? Either that or a weed spraying setup from Lowes. 

21 mins ago, 3Beard said:

I bring them into the hotel room and and take them into the shower with me.. we all get clean together.. 

I'm asking about the rods and reels, not the hookers. I agree with you on the hooker part 

l wouldn't leave anything in the car if it was high end gear in a parking lot.

l fish with someone and he has a cooler full of water bottles at the end of the day he grabs a bottle pokes a hold in the bottle top an squeezes the bottle and it acts like a hose then wet a rag and wipes everything down done. 

6 mins ago, LB said:

l wouldn't leave anything in the car if it was high end gear in a parking lot.

l fish with someone and he has a cooler full of water bottles at the end of the day he grabs a bottle pokes a hold in the bottle top an squeezes the bottle and it acts like a hose then wet a rag and wipes everything down done. 

It isn't a public parking lot. 

48 mins ago, Stopsign32v said:

It isn't a public parking lot. 

lf it's not gated it's a parking lot, even if it's at a Hotel. Just something to think about.

26 mins ago, sandbars said:

Spray on car wax before you hit the salt. Just wipe down after use and apply another quick coating.

That's actually a good idea 

Couple times a season I wipe down my rods with a water diluted denatured alcohol solution.

Otherwise it's the rain whenever I'm fishing it.