bassturds

I need some big over slot fish

Rate this topic

30 posts in this topic

I need some big fish this year. To early to sling. eels from the rocks after dark?  I always heard/thought it was a late summer fall thing. 

I've been putting in alot of time surfcasting since late April.  6 slot fish with 30" being the biggest so pretty disappointing and frustrating. Finally put the boat in Tuesday after work. First trip out yesterday morning got a 28lber on second cast a few miles out on a ledge. A pack of same sized fish followed it to boat too.  This seems to be a trend the last 3 seasons. 2018 was my last good surfcasting season. I really feel the big fish are staying offshore for the most part. I guess my point is get a boat/kayak or find a friend with a boat lol. 

getting fish ain’t an issue lol. Just all schoolies with an occasional small slot fish.

so far one 30 inch fish this year on my buddies boat. Watched him get 3 over slot fish to my one small slot fish. Like DAMN! I need one of those! 

last year my biggest fish were out of season. 25lber in March, then a few mid 30 inch fish in November both in salt ponds. 

3 hours ago, bassturds said:

getting fish ain’t an issue lol. Just all schoolies with an occasional small slot fish.

so far one 30 inch fish this year on my buddies boat. Watched him get 3 over slot fish to my one small slot fish. Like DAMN! I need one of those! 

last year my biggest fish were out of season. 25lber in March, then a few mid 30 inch fish in November both in salt ponds. 

Well, what was your buddy throwing....?

No, not too early for eels

3 hours ago, bassturds said:

Damn Bassturds, you were catching cows when I was still drilling holes in ice. 
I believe I remember you posting about that when it happened. Very impressive.

I caught a few slot on the same day, biggest being 35". I tried throwing bigger plugs after I caught the first slot, which was 30", but nothing took it. Threw the 5" pencil back on and the 35" took it. But I'm assuming that group of fish continued north because haven't seen any real size since. 

1 hour ago, HanoverStriper said:

Well, what was your buddy throwing....?

No, not too early for eels

Same plug as me.  He took me on his boat. He’s been on this bite for a bit.  This was my first time on this bite! 

Just now, bassturds said:

Same plug as me.  He took me on his boat. He’s been on this bite for a bit.  This was my first time on this bite! 

Well, only explanation is that you suck...

1 hour ago, SkunkLuvver said:

Damn Bassturds, you were catching cows when I was still drilling holes in ice. 
I believe I remember you posting about that when it happened. Very impressive.

Thanks bud. My biggest fish since! I Need another one like  that!  

7 hours ago, Chris76 said:

I've been putting in alot of time surfcasting since late April.  6 slot fish with 30" being the biggest so pretty disappointing and frustrating. Finally put the boat in Tuesday after work. First trip out yesterday morning got a 28lber on second cast a few miles out on a ledge. A pack of same sized fish followed it to boat too.  This seems to be a trend the last 3 seasons. 2018 was my last good surfcasting season. I really feel the big fish are staying offshore for the most part. I guess my point is get a boat/kayak or find a friend with a boat lol. 

Damn a 28 that’s awesome! I’m hoping to

Break my Pb of 30lbs