Fly By Nite

SIMs boardwalk pizza

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

I saw the barstool guy did a review on Marucas at Seaside boardwalk a few days ago.  I was pretty sure that was Sims favorite pie and many of us busted his balls about it.  Didn't want to spend much time searching for it else i would have resurected that thread, but pretty sure that was Sims pizza joint.  Portnoy gave it a pretty high number.  Since Steve can't reply with a "told ya so", i'll do it for him.  Sim- I never once doubted your authority on what a good pie should taste like. :p

He and I went at it pretty good over pizza in Mass, he was judging the whole area based on his limited experience with local pizza.  I begged him to go to Umberto's in the North End, and Santarpio's in East Boston, which I think he tried but didn't like.  So if Steve didn't like it, it was no good, frustrated the $h!t out of me with his narrowmindedness, but I still loved the guy. 

I've been to Santarpios a number of times.  I liked their pizza, though I do think it's a different style than NY/NJ pizza. But the grilled meats and sausage with some of that bread and red wine served in the juice glasses was awesome.

There's nothing like waiting for your pie to come out of the Santarpio oven and your app is the beef 

& hot pepper kabab right off the charcoal grill.  In fact....I made friends with one of the waiters and 

we (my friends & I) used to bring in toppings not served on the menu for our pies.  Great restaurant!  

Umberto's was also great for lunch time specials including their outstanding Arancini.  My Czech girlfriend

used to send me over every other Weds. for a slice and a few A's.   We lived a few streets away from the

joint.    

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 6/12/2021 at 7:25 PM, HugeDinghy said:

people like the pizza they grew up on even if it isnt good pie. 

Speak for yourself.  The stuff i grew up on got a 8.9.  :p  A better score than Marucas.

Edited by Fly By Nite

On 6/14/2021 at 0:02 PM, fishless said:

SIM definitely stood by his convictions.  You weren't changing his mind no matter how hard you try. 

I learned years ago that it was a fun debate, but his mind would not change.