Sudsy

Town, west side of Barnegate bay, beach badge to fish?

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

There was a thread on this that I can't find and I need that information.

Island heights??? I know they require a recreational badge in the summer months but it’s not really on the barnegate  but more of the Toms River. 

3 hours ago, Bristol Lou said:

Island Heights requires a badge ALL year

Same in all three towns on the south side of the river. Beachwood, Pine Beach, and Ocean Gate. Berkeley Twsp. ( Bayville ) has different rules that are enforced differently depending on the area. Altogether basically, if you are on their beach, bulkhead, or pier,... you owe them money. Oh, and parking permits as well.

Welcome to my slice of Jersey.

19 mins ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

Go to Bay Head..........worse.

I've never been told I have to leave Bay Head.  Every year come 3/1 in IH the badge patrol are out in force.  You are given 3 options, show your badge or buy a badge, or get a a fine.   

7 hours ago, fishless said:

I've never been told I have to leave Bay Head.  Every year come 3/1 in IH the badge patrol are out in force.  You are given 3 options, show your badge or buy a badge, or get a a fine.   

Veterans are free in IH don't know about other towns

Do you need a beach tag to be there at 9pm ? Are they using the tags to keep the riff raff away?

First time I've seen those extended hours, most are till 5pm when the guards go off duty.  How much d the tags cost?

Tags are about $20 I believe.  I’m pretty sure their beaches and piers are only technically open dusk to dawn. I was fishing there pretty frequently in March and April and was only approached once for my badge and that was the first weekend right after opening day of the striper season which was unusually warm and pretty crowded around town. I stayed late some nights until around 9:30 -10 and never had any issues but talking to some other guys they said usually between 10-11 pm if a cop sees you they’ll ask you to leave.