dugal30

ROCK HARBOR

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

Any info on launching at Rock Harbor?  Thinking of splashing my 23 SeaCraft this afternoon and never used this ramp.  Thanks in advance.

Not sure where you are starting from but Sesuit you can launch and return almost anytime, Wellfleet, usually until 1.5 to 2 hours of either side of low tide. 

If you find fish you are very limited from Rock Harbor. 

I launched from Sesuit last Sat at hi tide and I have a 23’ boat. Parking can be a problem there at times.  I’ve had to wait for a parking space, uncouple the trailer and manually roll it into a parking space or make excessive maneuvers because someone may have been in a hurry when they parked their trailer truck combo next to an empty space. Sesuit  is 10 minutes further than Wellfleet but for me but Sesuit provides better access and flexibility for my activities. 

Does sesuit charge for parking? I launched from Marshfield last year and drove it to its mooring on the Brewster Flats. I only use the ramps for initial splash and season removal. Rock Harbor is nice because its free and is usually less busy. But sesuit has petrol and is a short ride to the first bell. 

6 mins ago, whaler1889 said:

$10/day.

That's cheap. I would love to get a slip there, but that's not cheap.....