bob_G

Am I getting old, or is this a lot of $$$?

Rate this topic

76 posts in this topic

Now that my beloved dog gone, it's time to replace my screen door.  He ruined 3.

Go to Home Depot, pick out a nice Anderson screen door,  and ask the guy if they can install it.  The nice man says "sure, we guarantee the work will be completed in 45 minutes,  and it will cost only $288, plus an additional $44  disposal fee for the old door."

That's $332 for 45 minutes work.   An I getting old, or does that seem like a lot of money? Including tax, that about  $604 for a cheesy screen door.

Posted (edited) · Report post

My friend is a sub for Andersen. They send him to remediate issues post-install done by other subs.

He is kept very busy. 

Edited by PlumFishing

Boy, renuwal by Anderson came by to give me a estimate recently. Wholly. @#$% 4 windows just under 20,000. I just needed one lower sash replaced in wood. Had a heat lamp and everythang..

15 mins ago, phishallways said:

Boy, renuwal by Anderson came by to give me a estimate recently. Wholly. @#$% 4 windows just under 20,000. I just needed one lower sash replaced in wood. Had a heat lamp and everythang..

A historic district begins at the back of my yard, my neighbors do no end of complaining about being forced to spend unbelievable amounts of money on 'historically accurate' Anderson windows. You could have bought one of these rowhouses in the 70s for what they're spending on the windows!

Just get a new dog. You know you want a new dog, just go get one.

Get what you want, not a shelter pos.

Do what will make you happy. 

My dog died last year,  I'm shopping for a good one locally.  He was a good boy boy for 14 years.  It's tough. 

Sorry  drunkish at this hour.

2 mins ago, phishallways said:

I want wood. Hard on wood. 1 sash.

I bet you do, it's not always that easy. 

Does your family know about your "desires " or is this something new?

Don't  be scared or embarrassed, most every PG poster started this way. It's ok, it's OK.....

Don't be so picky.  It still opens and closes, right?

Use a hot glue gun to glue a new piece of screen to the old frame.   Or, yank out the spline and install a new piece of screen the right way.