tacoboy

Greedy Governor destine to ruin IBSP

Rate this topic

47 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Duff said:

Before the SUV craze of the 80's, if you saw 5 trucks on the beach, you saw them all.

My last permit was 2016. I'm prob done now. 70's & 80's there were lots bass and blue blitzes that lasted almost all day. I'm saddened and feel sorry for those who follow me. They may never experience what a true blitz is. 

Those were glorious times!!!! Hours of broom tails slapping tinker macks!!! Pods of bunkers for miles that you could smell as you pulled on! Tide runners in the surf! and blues that could tire you out! Now boogie boarders, and party goers that park too close to even take a leak next to your truck!!!! Swimming and playing grab a$$ right in front of your sets!!!! Too bad the virus didn't kill stupid!!!

2 hours ago, plugchucker said:

Gonna have to follow taco. He knows where the bass are.

I know a guy with a subura says he can drive us around, but I'm not shoveling when we get stuck! 

2 hours ago, gcjeep14 said:

Gladly pay extra next year… can’t cure or fix stupid.  Too too much non beach activities.

amen!! Cut it back to 5K up the price by 50.00 and cull out the a$$hats that just come to swim and bother the actual mobile sportfishermen!!!! If not for us there wouldn't be passes!!!!

18 hours ago, tacoboy said:

amen!! Cut it back to 5K up the price by 50.00 and cull out the a$$hats that just come to swim and bother the actual mobile sportfishermen!!!! If not for us there wouldn't be passes!!!!

I don't think giving a money grab for NJ to waste will solve anything.

I  have at least a 90 minute drive to the gate. The costs for gas, lunch, bait..etc. plus a $275 permit for 10 trips will average $50. Certainly not worth the privilege to drive the beach for all the aggravation and no fish. 

A couple years back, I was at Gilkins. Two women in an Escalade wearing designer suites and wraps were airing down, as a half dozen kids were  inside screaming. The police were there watching. I said to them, "They're fishing right ?" They completely ignored me. Not even a smile gesture as a joke. 

Politics(money) will keep beach replenishment going and allow builders to replace the small older homes with McMansions. I grew up in a tackle shop and worked boat rental docks in the 60's. As a young teen I learned what the fishing was like even before then. In my 20's (70s) I often fished party boats. We caught 20->60lb cod in Feb. A 45lb cod took the pool one trip. An oldtimer leaned over to me and said "When I was you age, they were all that size.

Just a history lesson.

Duff

IMG_20210611_0001.jpg

42 mins ago, Duff said:

I don't think giving a money grab for NJ to waste will solve anything.

I  have at least a 90 minute drive to the gate. The costs for gas, lunch, bait..etc. plus a $275 permit for 10 trips will average $50. Certainly not worth the privilege to drive the beach for all the aggravation and no fish. 

A couple years back, I was at Gilkins. Two women in an Escalade wearing designer suites and wraps were airing down, as a half dozen kids were  inside screaming. The police were there watching. I said to them, "They're fishing right ?" They completely ignored me. Not even a smile gesture as a joke. 

Politics(money) will keep beach replenishment going and allow builders to replace the small older homes with McMansions. I grew up in a tackle shop and worked boat rental docks in the 60's. As a young teen I learned what the fishing was like even before then. In my 20's (70s) I often fished party boats. We caught 20->60lb cod in Feb. A 45lb cod took the pool one trip. An oldtimer leaned over to me and said "When I was you age, they were all that size.

Just a history lesson.

Duff

IMG_20210611_0001.jpg

And the seas behind ya tell a story in itself.  

1974 I think - on the big Jamaica.  This pic was taken when the boat was up. My buddy had a pic when the boat was down. It looked like the Alps behind him. And Cod were only about 8 miles out too.

Edited by Duff

2 hours ago, Duff said:

1974 I think - on the big Jamaica.  This pic was taken when the boat was up. My buddy had a pic when the boat was down. It looked like the Alps behind him. And Cod were only about 8 miles out too.

One of Bogan's boats! I hated those metal hulks!!!! I was a highlands boy!!! Ellain B, Miss tambo, Miss take 2!!! Good times!!!!

I took a trip to IBSP on Saturday night and as soon as I drove up onto the beach I knew it was a bad idea.  It was a total sh$tshow!  I got there around 7pm and must have driven past 4 or 5 trucks that had not permit stickers on, tons of families just sitting around having fires, throwing footballs, etc and not fishing.  Saw 3 vehicles stuck in the soft sand.  I got off the beach and fished the bayside!