Nicky Da Fish

The 5 Tenants of CRT

Rate this topic

939 posts in this topic

6 mins ago, Nicky Da Fish said:

Again, how is that teaching hate?

You'll need to help me out a bit to answer your question. Is there a requirement for 5 year olds in Delaware to be enrolled in a curriculum that is based on CRT? If so, what does that curriculum consist of?

Yes, signed into law.  Includes but not limited to...

• The socioeconomic struggle Black people endured and continue to endure in working to achieve fair treatment in the United States; as well as the agency they employ in this work for equal treatment.

• The relationship between white supremacy, racism and American slavery.

I'll try it again and if you don't get it this time you're dense or chose to iqnore reality.  If you teach a kid (black) that he/she is disadvantaged because of whites, how in the world would that not breed hate towards whites?  Why would my daughter be taught she's advantaged when she's received zero preferential treatment?  They're in the same damn school and are both starting on a level playing field.

Just now, wingsandwater said:

Yes, signed into law.  Includes but not limited to...

• The socioeconomic struggle Black people endured and continue to endure in working to achieve fair treatment in the United States; as well as the agency they employ in this work for equal treatment.

• The relationship between white supremacy, racism and American slavery.

I'll try it again and if you don't get it this time you're dense or chose to iqnore reality.  If you teach a kid (black) that he/she is disadvantaged because of whites, how in the world would that not breed hate towards whites?  Why would my daughter be taught she's advantaged when she's received zero preferential treatment?  They're in the same damn school and are both starting on a level playing field.

I had to do some digging because you didn't give me enough bckground info. This is from an article on 5/7 from WHYY:

Districts and charter schools can devise their own curriculum across several academic subjects, as long as it contains minimum requirements including:

• The history and culture of Black people prior to the African and Black Diaspora and their contributions to science, art, and literature.
  • The significance of enslavement in the development of the American economy.
  • The relationship between white supremacy, racism, and American slavery.
  • The central role racism played in the Civil War.
  • How the tragedy of enslavement was perpetuated through segregation and federal, state, and local laws.
  • The contributions of Black people to American life, history, literature, economy, politics, and culture.
  • The socioeconomic struggle Black people endured, and continue to endure, in working to achieve fair treatment in the United States; as well as efforts to receive equal treatment.
  • Black figures in national history and in Delaware history.

What parts of that do you disagree with? Keep in mind that the actual curriculum will be set by individual school boards and hasn't been decided on yet. You should also notice that this framework is not based on CRT. I'm also sure that the curriculum for 5 year olds in kindergarten won't be the same as for seniors in high school. If the actual curriculum is decided and it proves other wise, I would likely agree with you that that isn't appropriate.

I would say that if you are worried that teaching kids the truth about race in America will create hate, that it's better to have an honest dialogue about it in schools so that kids are better equipped to deal with that then it is to pretend it didn't happen.

14 mins ago, Beastly Backlash said:

Wrong, that is not what aberrational means.

No kidding, I was telling you to get a dictionary and look up aberrational! LOL

1 hour ago, Nicky Da Fish said:

Not even close. You can be white, not racist, and still reap the rewards of being white in a racist system. Even if you did nothing to create that system. It points out that some people are favored in our society and dispels the fallacy of meritocracy.

:laugh:

39 mins ago, Nicky Da Fish said:

No kidding, I was telling you to get a dictionary and look up aberrational! LOL

Points for telling someone to get a dictionary after that thread start.

1 hour ago, Nicky Da Fish said:

What unifying factor is there to being white in this country other than the discrimination of minorities? White is not a race. Black is the only race that we qualify based on skin color alone. There is regional or perhaps national points of alignment for white people, say being Polish, or being from Appalachia, but if you are Polish, you wouldn't lump your self in with people from Appalachia, unless of course you were Polish and from Appalachia.

That s same regardless of color

46 mins ago, Nicky Da Fish said:

I had to do some digging because you didn't give me enough bckground info. This is from an article on 5/7 from WHYY:

Districts and charter schools can devise their own curriculum across several academic subjects, as long as it contains minimum requirements including:

• The history and culture of Black people prior to the African and Black Diaspora and their contributions to science, art, and literature.
  • The significance of enslavement in the development of the American economy.
  • The relationship between white supremacy, racism, and American slavery.
  • The central role racism played in the Civil War.
  • How the tragedy of enslavement was perpetuated through segregation and federal, state, and local laws.
  • The contributions of Black people to American life, history, literature, economy, politics, and culture.
  • The socioeconomic struggle Black people endured, and continue to endure, in working to achieve fair treatment in the United States; as well as efforts to receive equal treatment.
  • Black figures in national history and in Delaware history.

What parts of that do you disagree with? Keep in mind that the actual curriculum will be set by individual school boards and hasn't been decided on yet. You should also notice that this framework is not based on CRT. I'm also sure that the curriculum for 5 year olds in kindergarten won't be the same as for seniors in high school. If the actual curriculum is decided and it proves other wise, I would likely agree with you that that isn't appropriate.

I would say that if you are worried that teaching kids the truth about race in America will create hate, that it's better to have an honest dialogue about it in schools so that kids are better equipped to deal with that then it is to pretend it didn't happen.

Have you ever seen a candidate justify getting elected to defend segregation?

6 hours ago, Dave588 said:

Have you ever seen a candidate justify getting elected to defend segregation?

What happened to crt discussion?

9 hours ago, RiverRaider said:

Nicky how do we protect the 1st Amendment from CRT ? 

Same way you protect it from anything else.

12 hours ago, Nicky Da Fish said:

From just that short clip, any of it.

What written on her board there? Shall I refresh your memory?

"ALL WHITES ARE RACISTS"

What does CRT teach? That "the system the White Man created is Racist". That American culture is racist. That black people are victims of systematic racism, perpetrated by the White Christian Patriarchy.

For someone who doesn't know anything about CRT, you sure don't know anything about CRT!

12 hours ago, Nicky Da Fish said:

You can't simply substitute white people for Black people when discussing slavery, Jim Crow, violent terrorism against Black people, segregation, SCOTUS rulings, redlining, etc.

Well, Democrats have been real sons of beaches to Blacks since they kept them as slaves. All the stuff you mentioned, was done by the Democrat party and their storm troopers. Every Bit of It.

11 hours ago, Goldy said:

Watch this..

Wake up Nicky

what's a matter, since he is black you can't listen?

I just watched the video you linked - Thomas Sowell: Common Sense in a Senseless World

He's probably the smartest man in the country. Between Sowell and Victor Davis Hanson resides more brain power than in the entire media complex, to include all the talking heads in the "chattering class". I used to read his column and I still read VDH in National Review. I think Nicky and his ilk should watch the video.

To paraphrase Sowell: "Everything bad we're watching in the Black community today is terrible... and none of it has to do with slavery or racism."

Critical Race Theory will destroy our country from within. It's the superimposition of what the Democrats have done to the American Blacks, upon the entire nation.