Dylanimpellizzeri

Saltiga warranty

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Finally purchased a saltiga 20000 just wondering if I need to register the reel or anything for the warranty or is the warranty good out of the box? It didn’t come with any warranty papers in the box just double checking 

CA78F89E-F97F-43A1-ADE3-DFBD617B999B.jpeg

If I spent over 1000 bucks for a reel I would definitely check with the manufacturer on what I needed to keep the warranty valid. 

11 hours ago, Drew C. said:

Daiwa’s warranty really isn’t much. There’s nothing to do to ‘keep it valid’. 

Until they try to tell you it's jdm and sorry no service for you... I'd reach out to Daiwa since it's available overseas as well as usdm just to have it in email/writing 

I believe Daiwa just implemented a priority service/warranty (similar to Shimano for their Stella series) for a couple their top line reels, including the saltigas. But only the newest models, My 2015 Saltiga 5000H and 4000 Saltiga Bay Jigging reels don't qualify. The one shown in the first pic is eligible 

It's actually illegal in the US for a company to make registration of a product a condition of warranty coverage. Has been for a long time. All you need is proof of purchase.