codfish

Goto lure for 2021, what's yours?

Rate this topic

58 posts in this topic

Not sure why but my goto lure for 2021 has been the ABB baits I used similar lure's with moderate success but 2021 seems to be all about 5 inch baits, what's been hot for you guys???

192882030_3835226199933910_8119400707906717557_n.jpg

186506323_202766461685197_6731575941563369730_n.jpg

DSCF0717.JPG

Posted (edited) · Report post

Z-man 4" and 5" Diezel Minnowz on a 1/4-1/2oz jig head.  The schoolies just can't destroy them like they can most other soft plastics. Gotta be careful storing them, though. For top water, Smack-It Jr. has been great for me this year. 

Edited by drmevo

4 hours ago, LockedDrag said:

3oz jig with 6-7” soft plastic in any shade color (alewife, Arkansas shiner,etc)

straight tail or swim bodies??

When not fly fishing, I've been almost exclusively using albie snax for stripers. As a matter of fact, probably less than 1% of my fish have been caught on something other than the fly rod or on an albie snax (as in maybe 3 or 4 schoolies caught on a weighted paddle tail soft plastic)

1 hour ago, codfish said:

straight tail or swim bodies??

I been doing well with straight tails but swim baits work too I just use the former cuz they tend to be cheaper and where I fish, the cheaper the better. Snag way too often to throw expensive

Posted (edited) · Report post

super strike darter, really put some serious time in learning the darter this year and have been having great success

Edited by Goudacuda

1 hour ago, LockedDrag said:

I been doing well with straight tails but swim baits work too I just use the former cuz they tend to be cheaper and where I fish, the cheaper the better. Snag way too often to throw expensive

Canal?

18 mins ago, codfish said:

Canal?

No. The spot my buddies and I smashed 20lb fish for 7 days two weeks back. I hardly lose jigs at the canal