Stopsign32v

Organizing soft baits on the go??

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Below are the two ways that I do it and curious what others do. I know you can't mix Zman with anything other than Zman but what about colors bleeding into other colors? The ziplock way isn't as nice as I thought it would be.

thumbnail1.jpg

thumbnail.jpg

I would include a small bottle of crazy glue.  Some soft plastics tend to slide off the hook a little.  A little crazy glue and a 1min to let it dry is all is needed.

I fish a lot of Sluggo's and a regular sized Nalgene water bottle you get at any sports/outdoors store works best for me. Just add a carabiner clip to it and you have a hassle free way to store them vertically in original bags, either rigged or unrigged, and they stay straight. Works for swimbaits too. Bottle can then be clipped to strap on bag, a belt or slid into a water bottle holster. You can fit a lot of bags of lures into these bottles too!

31 mins ago, hairyfishhead said:

I fish a lot of Sluggo's and a regular sized Nalgene water bottle you get at any sports/outdoors store works best for me. Just add a carabiner clip to it and you have a hassle free way to store them vertically in original bags, either rigged or unrigged, and they stay straight. Works for swimbaits too. Bottle can then be clipped to strap on bag, a belt or slid into a water bottle holster. You can fit a lot of bags of lures into these bottles too!

Got a picture? Thanks

33 mins ago, hairyfishhead said:

Not to hijack the thread but I'd love a pic as well. I carry a mid size Plano in my plug bag, your way may be easier . Thanks!

On 6/6/2021 at 9:02 PM, Evil-Bay said:

I would include a small bottle of crazy glue.  Some soft plastics tend to slide off the hook a little.  A little crazy glue and a 1min to let it dry is all is needed.

I saw a YouTube video of bill wetzel  heating up the hook on a tsunami sandeel and it would cause the lure to seal onto the hook so it wouldn’t slide . Could prob do it on any lure. He used a blow torch but a lighter would work as well 

The 32oz Nalgene bottle is a good size for most baits, but I do use a 48oz bottle for +9” baits. Again, super simple and a waterproof-ish seal when shut. Can carry rigged baits and bagged extras in the same bottle.

4CB6D725-053B-4F57-A80C-AC22A3412F64.jpeg

4 hours ago, hairyfishhead said:

The 32oz Nalgene bottle is a good size for most baits, but I do use a 48oz bottle for +9” baits. Again, super simple and a waterproof-ish seal when shut. Can carry rigged baits and bagged extras in the same bottle.

nifty....very neat solution.  I like it can be attached to you in several ways especially the slot for a water bottle as I usually leave that in my bag whenever I go anywhere.  So maybe it's 99-cent store here I come.  Only reason the Nalgene is worth the price is it's BPA free and pretty durable as plastics go...storing my rubber wormy things maybe they might have a bargain basement version at one of the dollar-type stores.  

@rkw @Buckscorider @StickinLips

There is always more than one way to skin a cat and I constantly change up how I carry plastics depending on what I’m bringing or season. But the Nalgene is near bulletproof, basically waterproof, and keeps out sand well. For $9, I say it does the job very well and hasn’t failed me yet! 

14 hours ago, hairyfishhead said:

Wow. Really cool idea . Unfortunately I just spent the 60$ on a gear up single tube lol . 

7 hours ago, hairyfishhead said:

@rkw @Buckscorider @StickinLips

There is always more than one way to skin a cat and I constantly change up how I carry plastics depending on what I’m bringing or season. But the Nalgene is near bulletproof, basically waterproof, and keeps out sand well. For $9, I say it does the job very well and hasn’t failed me yet! 

I don't carry a ton of soft plastics but I like having a few of the go to colors so this is a great idea!! Thanks tight lines!!!