Chunkah

Air Scrubber

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Anyone have one? Use one? Have any recommendations?

Thinking of adding one to the arsenal and other then having one on a site I was working a few years back, I have zero experience with them. 3 stage HEPA looks good....I want to keep dust down and air quality up at my jobs and this seems like a good addition to my offerings to clients (at an extra cost of course).

Thanks!

Well, settled on the Dri-Eaz Defendair 500, and actually got two, in excellent working order, for $450.00. Had to drive to Portland, ME to get 'em, but hit a brewery and a few dispensaries while there so it was all good. Left at 7:30 am, back in Boston for a 1:00 pm appointment in Southie, home by 2:30. Saved me $1,866.25 off retail. And the bonus is the HEPA filters in both machines are still good!

Nice score. I have just never had the call for one, though after watching a video, could think of two jobs I definitely would have used one or two on.... What was the trigger on this purchase? Just curious.

12 hours ago, nightfighter said:

Nice score. I have just never had the call for one, though after watching a video, could think of two jobs I definitely would have used one or two on.... What was the trigger on this purchase? Just curious.

I have two particular projects coming up that are both in largely open units where the clients are worried about dust and odor from the painting portion of the project while I am concerned about dust from the demo and tiling phases. I spend a lot of time on floor and dust protection, and I figured adding these to the arsenal would be a good thing. I worked a job in the Back Bay a few years ago where the management company supplied one to my client while demo and construction was going on in the unit next door. They were very pleased with the results as the unit really seemed to help the overall air quality, and these folks (my clients) are a bit whacky, so to satisfy them is really saying something.

I bought all new filters for both machines (even though the existing HEPA filters are still in good working order). I spaced on buying charcoal filters, which are supposed to help eliminate odors, so I'll have to order some and bill my clients.  :D

In the end it is just one more thing to offer clients who are worried about air quality / dust / fumes. And Hell, I can certainly (and will) charge a fee for its use.

Good purchase! We have to set up negative pressure for hospital jobs.

They are also great for a quick smoke or if you want to conceal a fart.:rav: