8 & Bait

Youtube Idiots

Rate this topic

341 posts in this topic

34 mins ago, carangua said:

If fishing was only about location, then your entire website would have no meaning.

Again, you are mixing youtubers with spot burning. It is not systematically the case.

Spot burning is the single biggest problem for shore based fishermen - period. 

34 mins ago, carangua said:

More over, TimS, as the owner of a website about fishing on the net, you are the last person I'd expect putting down others who promote their catches and methods on you tube.  

Why? I have never burned a spot, I've spent more hours and lost out on literally millions of dollars of income over the past 21 years by doing everything possible to prevent spot burning, to teach people how bad spot burning is, to not allow reports with maps and GPS coordinates. I'm exactly the kind of person I'd expect to put down people who spot burn for money :) 

 

TimS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 mins ago, TimS said:

Spot burning is the single biggest problem for shore based fishermen - period. 

Why? I have never burned a spot, I've spent more hours and lost out on literally millions of dollars of income over the past 21 years by doing everything possible to prevent spot burning, to teach people how bad spot burning is, to not allow reports with maps and GPS coordinates. I'm exactly the kind of person I'd expect to put down people who spot burn for money :) 

 

TimS

Millions of Dollars???????? Ok, we're good :th::)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DeepBlue85 said:

The fish your way guy, who I know very well.....is one of the nicest and most knowledgable local fishermen and although I disagree with the premis of YouTube, he uses common sense with the places he chooses to record and more importantly. The timing of his footage posting.  

 

He is also a good example of the kind of person who should be sharing info, someone who's self taught in a lifetime of fishing, not some child that reads these forums and watches other videos to regurgitate in his own face bombed videos....no one cares what you look like, bra, go away.

 

With that said I still disagree with him posting anything.

 

 

"You know him very well. He is knowledgeable. He is self taught. Just the type who should be sharing info"  But you still begrudge him for having a yootoob channel?  You sir are a bigger sweetheart than I am. And I am proudly a HUGE sweetheart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 min ago, carangua said:

Millions of Dollars???????? Ok, we're good :th::)

You must not understand how the internet and money work, that's ok, I've always enjoyed your posts anyway :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 mins ago, carangua said:

Millions of Dollars???????? Ok, we're good :th::)

Foot traffic/Ads  and paid memberships for reports? Absolutely could be millions of dollars. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DeepBlue85 said:

The fish your way guy, who I know very well.....is one of the nicest and most knowledgable local fishermen and although I disagree with the premis of YouTube, he uses common sense with the places he chooses to record and more importantly. The timing of his footage posting.  

 

He is also a good example of the kind of person who should be sharing info, someone who's self taught in a lifetime of fishing, not some child that reads these forums and watches other videos to regurgitate in his own face bombed videos....no one cares what you look like, bra, go away.

 

With that said I still disagree with him posting anything.

 

 

"You know him very well. He is knowledgeable. He is self taught. Just the type who should be sharing info"  But you still begrudge him for having a yootoob channel?  You sir are a bigger sweetheart than I am. And I am proudly a HUGE sweetheart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Riddler said:

Foot traffic/Ads  and paid memberships for reports? Absolutely could be millions of dollars. 

Without a doubt millions of dollars, I've done the math, just the traffic alone that could be generated by a full blown spot burning website with the visibility of StripersOnline would be worth, literally, millions of dollars in simple network advertising over a decade, much less two decades. Some folks don't understand the internet, but this is a fishing forum, not an internet traffic/network advertising/sponsors/marketing/paid membership for spot burning reports website :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When it’s 20 below zero, and the wind is bending the evergreens, I am inside by the fire, drinking a cup of coffee watching Skinner, Beach Bum, and the fish your way guy who seems like a guy I’d want to go fishing with. The Hey Skipper guy is entertaining, and I think he could help a beginner, as intended.

 

I have learned a little from each of these guys that has improved my salt water fishing. Even if I experiment with new tackle or techniques that don’t work where I fish, I am a believer it is often better to leave no stone left unturned when fishing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

6 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

Why the hatred? I think making youtube fishing videos is fun.

 

 

 

Nothing wrong with that type of a video. I think the irritation is the one hit wonders or the one post self promoters who are now making yt videos sharing what little they know and burning spots while they do it. 
 


 

 

Edited by The Riddler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Riddler said:

Nothing wrong with type of a video. I think the irritation is the one hit wonders or the one post self promoters who are now making yt videos sharing what little they know and burning spots while they do it. 

 

Ah, well, spot burning is another matter indeed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

Why the hatred? I think making youtube fishing videos is fun.

 

 

 

Because everybody here knows boat fish don't count :wave:

 

:p

 

TimS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 mins ago, TimS said:

You must not understand how the internet and money work, that's ok, I've always enjoyed your posts anyway :) 

Thank you Sir:howdy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

26 mins ago, 0119 said:

"You know him very well. He is knowledgeable. He is self taught. Just the type who should be sharing info"  But you still begrudge him for having a yootoob channel?  You sir are a bigger sweetheart than I am. And I am proudly a HUGE sweetheart.

I have no clue what your talking about..... people can disagree with someone's choices and still appreciate them as humans. Sorry you live in such a black an white world, moreover iv told him to his face I'm not a fan of the YouTube thing.  He respects me for being candid and we continue to be friendly aquntences and even sharing info and materiels.  Kids today don't understand those concepts because in all likelihood, they're the sweethearts

Edited by DeepBlue85

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

45 mins ago, TimS said:

Spot burning is the single biggest problem for shore based fishermen - period. 

Why? I have never burned a spot, I've spent more hours and lost out on literally millions of dollars of income over the past 21 years by doing everything possible to prevent spot burning, to teach people how bad spot burning is, to not allow reports with maps and GPS coordinates. I'm exactly the kind of person I'd expect to put down people who spot burn for money :) 

 

TimS

 

 

 

Tim, iv lurked here since early 2000. Created an account in 2008 and have since switched names...... as much as a web site's attendance make it's content, you sir have created a thing far exceeding any other site of it's kind and I can unequivocally reinforce the fact that spot burning here has been handled better than anywhere else. It hardly exists...here...on the internet of sol...who would think that could be done there days?   

 

Responsibility is free to those who bellieve it is the right thing to do, regardles of the cost.

Edited by DeepBlue85

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.