Roccus7

North Of Portland - 2021 Edition

Rate this topic

33 posts in this topic

Special Event:  This morning's catch, trip #10 for the season, resulted in my catch count exceeding 100.  Nothing really big, best one was 25" and lots of dinks. 

I would have quit earlier, meaning a < 100 count, but needed to kill time to get the boat to the dock and stumbled across the "nursery"...

Edited by Roccus7

2 hours ago, Roccus7 said:

Special Event:  This morning's catch, trip #10 for the season, resulted in my catch count exceeding 100.  Nothing really big, best one was 25" and lots of dinks. 

I would have quit earlier, meaning a < 100 count, but needed to kill time to get the boat to the dock and stumbled across the "nursery"...

Interesting, good for you. I am not near 100 yet, biggest is 30in...

On 6/4/2021 at 4:15 PM, Crozzbow said:

Hey Roccus7

I don't have any problem with your hijacking of the North of Portland thread. In fact I was really hoping someone would keep that thread going while I continued battling my never ending medical issues.

BTW. I will get out there sooner or later as I am working hard to bring my yellow kayak back on line..

Crozzbow.

Hey Roccus7

I finally completed my yellow kayak project and it is now ready to launch any time that I am.

The only problem is that I am still a physical and mental wreck with a bunch of docs doing what they can to get me better.

So early this morning I decided to stop feeling sorry for myself by digging  my 9 weight fly rod out of storage along with a hand full of saltwater flies. 

From there I then drove out to one of the beaches  that I usually can catch a fish or two with my saltwater fly casting equipment.

And sure enough I was able to quickly hook into a eighteen inch striped bass that refused to call the battle with me quits.

It took some time but I finally landed the fish after both of us were a bit worn  out. I carefully released the fish then moved on down the beach to see if I could hook up with another eighteen fish or larger  

However, my efforts only put me on the scoreboard for two smaller striped bass.

Note;  while my adventure to this beach may not sound like much it did a heck of a lot to lift my spirits.