coldclam

Can I upgrade a vs spool to vsx?

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Can I convert a vs spool to a vsx spool?

Wondering if the drag washers are the same and I would just need the top washer to work with the vsx drag knob.

31 mins ago, recoil said:

I dont think the VSX drag knob will match the top recess of the VS spool.

Thanks for this. It makes sense that they wouldn't make it that easy 

There is only person I know that got it to work on here.. It's @LB.  He made me a custom washer for the new drag washer on the top of the spool.  You need a really really really small .035 allen key to open it up and modify it to fit on the spool.  I ended up selling my vs and just keep my vsx, I have what he made me not used, I'm in MOCO NJ, be happy to send to you to try

48 mins ago, Goldy said:

There is only person I know that got it to work on here.. It's @LB.  He made me a custom washer for the new drag washer on the top of the spool.  You need a really really really small .035 allen key to open it up and modify it to fit on the spool.  I ended up selling my vs and just keep my vsx, I have what he made me not used, I'm in MOCO NJ, be happy to send to you to try

I really appreciate that. I think I'm just going to sell the spare "black" spool and retire the gold American 200. 

I'll put the $ from the vs spool towards a spare vsx spool.

59 mins ago, coldclam said:

I really appreciate that. I think I'm just going to sell the spare "black" spool and retire the gold American 200. 

I'll put the $ from the vs spool towards a spare vsx spool.

That is the route i headed.. I actually moved off the vs200's totally for the most part.  I tried to fish all year with the 150 and so far i was successful.  Maybe a few instances where I wanted my 200, but the weight difference was huge and helpful for long sessions