Small Home Heat

Rate this topic

Grayson

If the area has reliable electric, i.e., doesn't have blackouts from windstorms multiple times a year, a mini split pump with multiple heads would do heat and cooling.  Hopefully , you have at least 100 amp service. I would have recommended  a natural gas or propane gas wall mount  , especially Rennai, before the advent of the mini-pumps.  Mitsubishi seems to have a good track record for longevity so far with the heat pumps. . Shop your installers!  I'm a contractor, have steered a customer to get these and the installers sucked.  Lots of companies are jumping on board with these and sending out the untrained. 

Good Lord man- a little context would be good.  Is it1 level? is it on slab, crawl, or basement (or none of the above)? does the property have natural gas service? propane? Neither? Is this an old house? Is it insulated?  What amp electrical service? Rental property? If it's a rental- i think the easy answer is probably electric baseboard.

Edited by Fly By Nite

I say... shop around and learn, but don’t do anything before the politicians do their infrastructure deal. (If they ever do.)

Who knows what crazy incentives that government will be offering!

Depending where in Connecticut this house is it might have to have heating  to get a loan and CO. I bought my house in East Haddam some 36 years ago and there was no heating system, just a wood burning stove. The owner installed an oil, hot air furnace without getting a permit to do so. Bank lawyer didn't want the closing till things were corrected.

fishinambition  Posted June 30 ·After a decade and a half of trolling and disrupting the website, frank's finally fed up with Tim's bull****

• 2 weeks later...

wood stove, and then a supplemental heat source, little place we are purchasing upstate where it gets brutal in winter has a nice wood stove and propane forced hot air

we will be shutting everything off and draining when not there in winter, not sure how much propane yet we would burn through keeping an unoccupied house at 50 deg in teen weather

If you try to change it, you will ruin it. Try to hold it, and you will lose it.

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching