Sandflee

What do we win?

Rate this topic

37 posts in this topic

Answer... nothing 

Medina Spirit is a step closer from having his win in the Kentucky Derby disqualified. A second post-race drug test for Medina Spirit reportedly came back positive for betamethasone, according to Joe Drape of The New York Times.

 

 

 

So who wins Belmont?

Hot Rod Charlie, thats who.....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 mins ago, Sandflee said:

Answer... nothing 

Medina Spirit is a step closer from having his win in the Kentucky Derby disqualified. A second post-race drug test for Medina Spirit reportedly came back positive for betamethasone, according to Joe Drape of The New York Times.

 

 

 

So who wins Belmont?

Hot Rod Charlie, thats who.....

 

Off Track Betting...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is something fitting in the fact that I picked, and bet on, a horse who was 26-1, and he is going to end up as the winner of the race, and I didn't get paid. 

That's just perfect. I hate this ****ing game. :dismay:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 mins ago, Belmo said:

There is something fitting in the fact that I picked, and bet on, a horse who was 26-1, and he is going to end up as the winner of the race, and I didn't get paid. 

That's just perfect. I hate this ****ing game. :dismay:

 

Tell Beautiful Bob to send you a check for 3K, or 2600

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 mins ago, Belmo said:

There is something fitting in the fact that I picked, and bet on, a horse who was 26-1, and he is going to end up as the winner of the race, and I didn't get paid. 

That's just perfect. I hate this ****ing game. :dismay:

 

There must be a legal precedent case yes?  The horse you bet on and lost actually won so how are you not entitled for, at a minimum, a refund of your wager?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 min ago, HopHead said:

There must be a legal precedent case yes?  The horse you bet on and lost actually won so how are you not entitled for, at a minimum, a refund of your wager?

The rulz of the game are clear: basically, once the bets are paid out, the gambling part is over, and you have no redress, even if there's a change in the results later. It happens every once in a while, when a horse gets DQ'd for a drug test a month or three after the race, and they never redo the payouts. 

 

There are a couple of class-action lawsuits over the Derby, but I didn't bother joining them, because the chances for success are about as good as Sandflee winning Mister Congeniality. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

Theoretically if Medina didn't win there is no saying Mandaloun would have won, unless you believe if MS wasn't drugged all horses would have finished in the same exact positions as they did, about as probable as us having this exact conversation ;) 

Edited by Sandflee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 mins ago, Sandflee said:

Theoretically if Medina didn't win there is no saying Mandaloun would have won, unless you believe if MS wasn't drugged all horses would have finished in the same exact positions as they did, about as probable as us having this exact conversation ;) 

Go piss up a rope. Twice. :wave:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

Ever read about the difference in horse deaths in America versus Europe, specially race horses? I don’t remember the numbers but I read Ana reticle one time and I remember being like “holy ****”. The numbers were ridiculously polar. 

Edited by HugeDinghy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You'd have to look long and hard to find something I care about less than what Sandflee thinks. :wave:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.