flyangler

DeSantis to NCAA: Come at me bro (and bras)

Rate this topic

80 posts in this topic

Does anyone doubt why DeSantis worries the woke progressive crowd so much? Is it any wonder that they, the Dem/Lib/Prog/DEMedia/PGlibbies are doing all they can to discredit or otherwise diminish the Governor.

They are ascarid that people will listen to him and agree with his views....

DeSantis On NCAA Threat To Pull Events From States That Protect Girl Sports:

DeSantis On NCAA Threat To Pull Events From States That Protect Girl Sports: ‘To Hell’ With Your ‘Events’

Florida Republican Governor Ron DeSantis slammed the NCAA during a Fox News interview on Tuesday night that highlighted a bill that DeSantis signed earlier in the day that protected girl’s sports in the state.

“I think as these bills were going through various legislatures, I remember the NCAA put out a statement saying any state that enacts this, we’re not going to hold events there,” DeSantis said. “And so I called the Speaker of the House in Florida and I said, ‘did you hear what they said?’ And he’s like, ‘yeah,’ I said, we definitely got to get this done.”

“You can’t be cowed by these organizations, or particularly by woke corporations from doing the right thing. And so my view was throughout this whole time, we have to protect our girls, it is discriminatory to force them to compete against biological males,” DeSantis continued. “And so if the price of having a tournament is that I have to deny equal opportunity to hundreds of thousands of young girl and women athletes throughout Florida, I am much more willing to stand with the girls. And to hell with these events.”

DeSantis, a white conservative male (a cohort the DEMedia say are a threat to civilization) wants to protect biological females - how do feminists and you "male feminists" out there argue against that one?

13 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

Bruised Feelings Matter.

BTW, I like DeSantis more and more.

now i am worried...

5 mins ago, flyangler said:

now i am worried...

I would expect a singular focused PR smear campaign from the left in the near future. 

18 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

I would expect a singular focused PR smear campaign from the left in the near future. 

It already started, the libs in FL have been calling him "Deathsantis" for a year now.

They hate that he opened FL.

It will get worse.

36 mins ago, Gotcow? said:

it has been going on for well over a year. they hated him during the 2018 election against the crack mayor and did all they could to scuttle his chances. after that election, pre-Covid, his approval rating across the state was over 70% at one point, well above his 50% vote taking in the election. even among black americans, he was getting strong marks which scared the liberals. seeing him as a potential senator, or even president, really spooked them so they have been after him ever siince. 

14 mins ago, Riverboat33 said:

It already started, the libs in FL have been calling him "Deathsantis" for a year now.

They hate that he opened FL.

It will get worse.

yeah, the guy does all the right things relative to Cuomo and yet gets blasted by the florida and national DEMedia. now, in retrospect, they cannot come to admit that he did the right things, so they have to continue to hit him. that entire Rebekkah whistleblower thing was a perfect example of the DEMedia willing to grab anything, no matter now crazy, and run with it. and the national media, seeing reportage in the Palm Beach Post, Miami and Tampa papers, were only too willing to run with a story critical of a Trump surrogate and ally. 

any now she's been exposed as a fraud and a grifter and yet no retractions. 

Then you get folks like gami floating the Publix contribution story that died out pretty quickly when a leading Florida democrat stepped forward to call bullchit on the reportage. 

I could post a dozen different stories of their going after him, but will spare you....

Other than the social media legislation, he's setting himself up quite well for a 2024 run. I'd even say that he's very much the odds on favorite at this point and would expect him to be the next President unless some crazy personal scandal comes out. 

8 mins ago, The Dude said:

Other than the social media legislation, he's setting himself up quite well for a 2024 run. I'd even say that he's very much the odds on favorite at this point and would expect him to be the next President unless some crazy personal scandal comes out. 

Dude, I think I just saw a pig fly by my window....

13 mins ago, The Dude said:

Especially if Trump wants to play King Maker and not run.

Just now, JaseB said:

Especially if Trump wants to play King Maker and not run.

and that i think is the plan. 

I wonder how many full time people our tax dollars are paying for them to run through his entire life looking for a speck of dust.  You know they have already started. 

24 mins ago, flyangler said:

and that i think is the plan. 

I find myself wondering if Trump's ego and kiss (my ass) the ring mentality will allow him to just step gracefully aside.

1 min ago, Gotcow? said:

I find myself wondering if Trump's ego and kiss (my ass) the ring mentality will allow him to just step gracefully aside.

Same. However, he'll be 78 in 2024 and could see him just hanging back and funding his grudges to scratch the ego.

37 mins ago, The Dude said:

Same. However, he'll be 78 in 2024 and could see him just hanging back and funding his grudges to scratch the ego.

he won't spend a dime of his own cash,

he will encourage the lemmings to throw their cash in a direction of his choosing.