Alex G

Chatham, MA

Rate this topic

50 posts in this topic

17 mins ago, Alex G said:

Thanks much, ifushthebadspots, of course, but, from what I know abt Chatham, Bell Road is not near the beach.

Jokes aside, there's not a bad beach to fish in Chatham. Seriously.

Thanks much, ifushthebadspots, of course, but, from what I know abt Chatham, Bell Road is not near the beach.

Are you saying any beach is good?

Check the beach in front of the Chatham Light (CG station), this used to be very productive on the outgoing tide, also there are many fishing spots along Pleasant Bay. Best fishing at night.

Beach under the lighthouse. Break to the right used to be a good rip there. 2hrs either side of high. Seals are now a problem. Good luck.

Don't limit yourself to just Chatham.It's sticker and fee time everywhere at all beaches between 8-5.Did I mention traffic????? Stop in North Chatham Outfitters on rte 28 heading towards Orleans.They'll help you out on what's happening and they'll have everything you'll need.

nobody will post their spots publicly. stop in to a local bait & tackle in the area you are staying, chat with them and give them some business, b&t's are always supportive and helpful. 

in all honesty, if your on the cape and you see the ocean toss in a line can't really go wrong anywhere. Especially getting into July, although later into summer your best bet is at night for stripers, blues fish during the day, this of course is a very general statement.

Anywhere you see current flowing, rips, eddies, whitewater etc. (i.e. structure) work those spots and if no luck after trying a few different areas of the water column keep moving. 

the best part of going to a new area is learning the new area and exploring it.