ChumSlickJon

June report thread

Rate this topic

527 posts in this topic

11 mins ago, Mr.Belmar said:

Thanks @fishless and @codyk35 appreciate the reply, info and pics. I like the profile of that thing, may keep my eyes out for one. Thanks again! 

Look him up on the Book of Faces.  He often lists where and when his next drops will be taking place.  

24 mins ago, saltyh2ofly said:

Monday evening steady south winds sucks with the fly rod but back casting is safer than eating a Clouser in the head. Fish were caught CenMoCo, two for three all in close in the wash. Big eye Half/Half was the ticket.

20210628_202240-02.jpeg

20210628_202959-01.jpeg

20210627_214039-02.jpeg

Cool looking Fly

2 hours ago, saltyh2ofly said:

Monday evening steady south winds sucks with the fly rod but back casting is safer than eating a Clouser in the head. Fish were caught CenMoCo, two for three all in close in the wash. Big eye Half/Half was the ticket.

20210628_202240-02.jpeg

20210628_202959-01.jpeg

20210627_214039-02.jpeg

I have had great days recently with the fly rod and that wind.  Perhaps the bass are sticking around a bit more in my spots due to the colder water temps that wind brings.  Low incoming tide has also been the ticket.

fish.jpg

4 hours ago, fishless said:

These are the two plugs getting all the attention at the moment. 

20210629_093907.jpg

Although not bucktails, at least they're white! Counts as 1/2 fish.

Made it out this morning leaving the waders at home.  Bit of a mistake with as cold as the water was.  Anyway, the skinny water looked pretty good and had a line of bunker jut out of reach that for the most part that looked rather happy.  Tossed the swimmer and bugs where I could find some deeper water and did manage to pull one in with the bugs.  Had one other pick up and drop.  Wind shift finally on the way by Thursday morning which will be my next chance to get back at it.

DSCF3504.JPG

DSCF3505.JPG

6 hours ago, nam1969 said:

Although not bucktails, at least they're white! Counts as 1/2 fish.

Are they sinkers or floaters.  Love his lures, just hard to plunk that kind of cash to have it fly off to the horizon with a bad cast

Every hickory shad in the sea is in front of my house at the moment Every cast and the water is boiling. Bluefish early smaller- temp went from 93 to 80 in an instant this afternoon when the wind shifted Lots of rain fish, spearing and bunker around. Might be out in a few hours

11 hours ago, Foureel said:

Are they sinkers or floaters.  Love his lures, just hard to plunk that kind of cash to have it fly off to the horizon with a bad cast

Assuming you can even find any!

On 6/29/2021 at 10:26 AM, Mr.Belmar said:

Thanks @fishless and @codyk35 appreciate the reply, info and pics. I like the profile of that thing, may keep my eyes out for one. Thanks again! 

Definitely snag anything you can find of his. He makes just about every wooden plug possible in all sorts of purty colors. My personal favorite is probably the jointed needle. Heres a few to give you an idea. 

scabelly.jpg

Edited by codyk35
better colors in picture

Thanks @codyk35

Nice plugs

Since im on here- a quick report from this morning- due to the heat I decided to get in the water and surf even though the waves were small, still got a few fun ones... anyways- the waters was MUCH COLDER then I expected or thought. I had a 3/2 wetsuite on and wished I had boots on too... I would guess it was around 60, maybe even high 50s! Freezing. Some guys fishing but didn’t see any hook ups, some bunker and dolphins too

13 hours ago, suntzu said:

Every hickory shad in the sea is in front of my house at the moment Every cast and the water is boiling. Bluefish early smaller- temp went from 93 to 80 in an instant this afternoon when the wind shifted Lots of rain fish, spearing and bunker around. Might be out in a few hours

Stop feeding the shad and they'll go away!

11 hours ago, cow_goes_meow said:

Anyone catching kingfish yet? Not seeing them in reports, but I would think water temps are just about there.

Absolutely.  Keep moving til you find them.  Fishbites on kingfish rigs.  1-2oz bank sinkers. Slow slow retrieve until you find them.